• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Travel advice- Emirates Marketing Project

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
First trip to the Etihad Stadium on Sunday. Just wanna know if there's anywhere close to the ground to park as I'm driving. Heard there's hardly any pubs close to the ground and most people drink near Piccadilly Station in city centre. Also heard it's a bit intimidating if you're close to the their fans as there's barely anything separating you from them and it's a bit dodgy after the game leaving the stadium.

Depends on how far you don't mind walking. It's only about a half hour walk from Piccadilly, so no matter where you park it won't be strenuous. But yeah, there are lots and lots of spaces to park near the ground. It won't take much effort to find a spot, especially if you are getting there earlier than late. I've honestly never heard of any trouble from away fans about the area, it's much better than when we were at Maine Road. We have a wide Metrolink system now which stops right outside the ground so if you're feeling enamoured by the Mancunian culture on your trip up north, I'm sure you could park further out and jib in on a tram from Piccadilly/Droylsden, just to be safe.

You're right regarding separation after the game: as soon as you're out the gates you're on your own. But as long as you're no silly, you won't get any trouble. Even if you do, it won't go further than a few words.

No pubs close to the ground really as it's an area under redevelopment. I'm not sure which pubs away fans go in, you're almost certainly more clued up than I am regarding than.

If you want more specific advice regarding anything, I'd be happy to help where I can.

I'd park in one of the official lots…just take a left at the main light near the ground and follow the directions. Intimidating? Nah. Not at all. That was Maine Road mate, and even that was a laugh most of the time (Moss Side, etc)…

I've always found City fans to be really decent, even after 'that' night other than a bit of jawing from a few local wags, it was fine. A beer? Personally, I've always arrived there about an hour before and had a few swiftys and a sing in the away end bar. I spent last season's pre-match drunkenly singing 'Dempsey Dempsey, Born is the King of WHL' to see who would follow (surprisingly none!!!! :) )…

I like Eastlands to be fair, in and in the last few seasons it's finally developed a sense of identity. One of the few away grounds too where the stewards actually 'get it' and are happy to let some banter/standing go…

I think you'll have a great day out...

I'd park in one of the official lots…just take a left at the main light near the ground and follow the directions. Intimidating? Nah. Not at all. That was Maine Road mate, and even that was a laugh most of the time (Moss Side, etc)…

I've always found City fans to be really decent, even after 'that' night other than a bit of jawing from a few local wags, it was fine. A beer? Personally, I've always arrived there about an hour before and had a few swiftys and a sing in the away end bar. I spent last season's pre-match drunkenly singing 'Dempsey Dempsey, Born is the King of WHL' to see who would follow (surprisingly none!!!! :) )…

I like Eastlands to be fair, in and in the last few seasons it's finally developed a sense of identity. One of the few away grounds too where the stewards actually 'get it' and are happy to let some banter/standing go…

I think you'll have a great day out...

I think being held back behind closed gates for over half-an-hour did help a lot that night, but quite frankly that night I dont think we were that bothered, for good reason.

I think being held back behind closed gates for over half-an-hour did help a lot that night, but quite frankly that night I dont think we were that bothered, for good reason.

Indeed…there was a bit of jabber from a few lingerers, but yes, they did a decent job defusing any potential…I certainly wasn't bothered you're right, and we'd each drained a flask by the time we hit Knutsford (driver excluded of course)…happy happy days...

Back