• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window 2014. The most defining summer in years

Status
Not open for further replies.

veron23

Banned
Wind Up Merchant
The big 4 is now the big 5. Including us its the big 6. Going by this season if we include Everton there is now the big 7.

Its now harder than ever to break into the Champions League and with the emergence of Liverpool there are now 5 teams clear ahead of us.
Last summer Utd kept Rooney, Liverpool kept Suarez and we committed suicide by letting Bale go.

All teams above us (except maybe Everton) and UTD will be stronger next season. Do people feel what we do this summer will define the future of our club?

For me its imperative our next managerial appointment is the right choice and equally imperative we send a message out to keep lloris, Eriksen, Lamela and co.

I believe Pochettino is technically the best candidate for our current players but think we should opt for FDB as his stature will raise our profile further which will allow us to keep our best players and make a marquee signing. Even if he doesn't work out and leaves in a years time the summer activity we would have been able to do under his wing will mean we will have a good nucleus and not get left behind.

Do you guys fear we are on the verge of being left behind? I believe we are out of chances and can't afford any more "transitional periods"

This summer its do or die, we have to get it right.

Ideal scenario:
Ancelotti to UTD
Suarez to Madrid
Everton fade (I believe they will)
Arsenal wilt as usual
LVG to Spurs, we finish 3rd

Likely Scenario:
LVG to UTD
Chelsea sign Costa/Cavani
City keep spending
Arsenal push on Ozil gets better, Ramsey stays fit
Liverpool keep Suarez
Spurs finish 6th

Anybody scared or is it just me?

Veron, I'm locking this because we've got several threads discussing these topics already and the correct place to post transfer window threads is the transfer window sub forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back