• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Striker Situation Revisited

Hope so. But seeing as AVB started VDV ahead of Sig against WBA makes it confusing. Just hope AVB will find the right combination.

I think the Spurs team has a huge duty on their hands now. Spurs fans have always lift the team when they are down, most of the time anyway. It is now time for the team to lift the fans after the hugely disappointing transfer window. Only a convincing performance and a win will convince us as fans.

He also started Sig ahead of VdV against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We had two good players for that position, once he started one once he started the other. I don't get what is so confusing about that.

It seems to be only a minority that would describe the window as disappointing and an even smaller minority that would describe it as hugely disappointing. At least going by the "grade the transfer window" thread.

Predicting
Ade 18 goals
Defoe 17 goals
Bale 14 goals
Sig 11 goals
Dempsey 11 goals
Lennon 6 goals

We should have decent goal threat. A lot of power in this side. Just hope we won't have lost our style and swagger

He also started Sig ahead of VdV against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We had two good players for that position, once he started one once he started the other. I don't get what is so confusing about that.

It seems to be only a minority that would describe the window as disappointing and an even smaller minority that would describe it as hugely disappointing. At least going by the "grade the transfer window" thread.

The fact that he might rotate the squad and not play the best eleven every game confuses people.

I like that style of video, have seen similar for Vertonghen and Dembele too - shows their total contribution to a single game - warts an' all.

You can see where (at least that day) they took up positions, how their passing was - what sort of movements they made.

Its more informative than just a goals compilation IMO.

You may think he is a good judge of a player or not but Rodgers wanted Dempsey at Liverpool as an auxiliary striker to help Saurez

both dembele and dempsey can take the striker roles.
it looks to me AVB will persist with 4-2-3-1 so we actually need more midfielders than strikers.

if so there is a lot less to discuss about the striker situation, and a lot more to discuss our attacking options.

both dembele and dempsey can take the striker roles.
it looks to me AVB will persist with 4-2-3-1 so we actually need more midfielders than strikers.

if so there is a lot less to discuss about the striker situation, and a lot more to discuss our attacking options.

We have 3 striker options, 3 AML options, 2 AMC options.. (If we were struggling with this we'd just play 2 strikers).. And as far as i can tell only one real AMR option..

So AMR is the issue.. Not sure if Dempsey can fill that one..

Not a bad video. He's no Berbatov though and the word that springs to mind in describing his play is 'functional'.

I assume Dempsey has been bought for his ability to play as a striker, or at least in support of the front man. He is a direct attacking midfielder, not particularly skillful. I think he will be effective but would not be content if Ade gets injured or is unavailable.

Not a bad video. He's no Berbatov though and the word that springs to mind in describing his play is 'functional'.

The bad thing is that he's no Berbatov, the good thing though is that he's no Berbatov.

Hopefully we'll see some synergy and a team being more than the sum of it's parts now. With the midfield and front men being picked from Ade, Defoe, Dempsey, Bale, Sig, Lennon, Dembele, Sandro, Parker, Hudd and Livermore (man I hope I didn't forget anyone this time) we will very often have a lot of pace and stamina in our team. A lot more than previous seasons.

In terms of quality Fulham have done superb business. Signed a better player for less money than the one they sold to us (and even then that was massively cheap)

In terms of quality Fulham have done superb business. Signed a better player for less money than the one they sold to us (and even then that was massively cheap)

They have lost both Dembele and Dempsey, they also failed to keep hold of Pogrebnyak.

I really enjoy watching Berba play, I think he's fantastic, but he's older and nowhere near as hard working as Dempsey.

Not sure if they have improved from last season.

They have lost both Dembele and Dempsey, they also failed to keep hold of Pogrebnyak.

I really enjoy watching Berba play, I think he's fantastic, but he's older and nowhere near as hard working as Dempsey.

Not sure if they have improved from last season.

Was speaking specifically to Dempsey/Berba and to quality thereof. Berba is has much more skill and ability than Dempsey (in my opinion!).

Was speaking specifically to Dempsey/Berba and to quality thereof. Berba is has much more skill and ability than Dempsey (in my opinion!).

Alright, but just comparing how a club did with one incoming and one outgoing player where you can pick and compare really doesn't say much imo.

We brought in Lloris for around the cost of Corluka and Bassong.

I do agree that signing Berbatov for that price seems like a great piece of business :)

From this thread it was obvious there was going to be a problem somewhere down the line and now it has bitten us in the arse.

A major problem this season has been the lack of gifted passers, to fill the void left by Modric and VdV, who can create chances in the box for Ade and Defoe to slot home.

This has been apparent in home games where we've often dominated but still had to resort to taking long range pot shots (we are averaging 21.1 shots per home game which is the 2nd most in the league but 60% of those shots are from outside the 18 yard box which is the hight proportion in the league; compared to 32% for ManC, 34% for ManU, 38% for ARSEnal, 46% Chavski).

Our strikers in the league this season so far:

Bale' had a shot every 18 minutes with a conversion rate of 13.8% (17 goals from 132 shots over 2381mins)
Defoe' had a shot every 21 minutes with a conversion rate of 10.4% (10 goals from 104 shots over 2176mins)
Dempsey' had a shot every 31 minutes with a conversion rate of 9.6% (5 goals from 48 shots over 1477mins)
Adebayor' had a shot every 41 minutes with a conversion rate of 7.1% (2 goals from 28 shots over 1135mins)

Our strikers in the league last season:

Adebayor had a shot every 28 minutes with a conversion rate of 17.0% (17 goals from 100 shots over 2827mins)
Defoe had a shot every 33 minutes with a conversion rate of 16.7% (14 goals from 66 shots over from 1301mins)
van der Vaart had a shot every 20 minutes with a conversion rate of 11.5% (11 goals from 102 shots over 2314mins)
Bale had a shot every 24 minutes with a conversion rate of 6.6% (9 goals from 136 shots over 3216mins)

Back