• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "lack of experience" factor.

Key part highlighted in bold. Good technical players do not necessarily have to be expensive. Their good technica players are still not good enough to have them anywhere near the top 4 though.

No I agree but the comment I originally responded too said less good players can't pass through teams

Swansea show that is wrong. Good technical players with good on the pitch movement can pass through any team

We lack movement and passing

No I agree but the comment I originally responded too said less good players can't pass through teams

Swansea show that is wrong. Good technical players with good on the pitch movement can pass through any team

We lack the PROPER movement. Our decisions are poor when it comes to moving to maintain shape. the midfield especially lack discipline, but it's an age thing IMV and as they mature it will get better.

Last season they scored 12 goals less than us. The year before 1 less than us. So I'm not sure they can necessarily pass through teams any better than us, or at the very least they're not as good at scoring goals as us (let alone the teams above us).

In any case, there are always exceptions to a rule. They've done very well for their spending power because of the system that's in place and/or good scouting. One exception woudln't mean that money / quality of player isn't the main determinant of being able to break teams down in the grand scheme of things.

Last season they scored 12 goals less than us. The year before 1 less than us. So I'm not sure they can necessarily pass through teams any better than us, or at the very least they're not as good at scoring goals as us (let alone the teams above us).

In any case, there are always exceptions to a rule. They've done very well for their spending power because of the system that's in place and/or good scouting. One exception woudln't mean that money / quality of player isn't the main determinant of being able to break teams down in the grand scheme of things.

They were the 14th biggest spenders in terms of wages in 2013/14 (only season I could find a table for) and finished 12th. I'm not sure that is enough of a case to even call it an exception to the rule.

Back