• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

SSN spent the weekend trying to convince everyone that Arsenal's remaining fixtures are soooo much tougher than City's whilst completely ignoring the 2 stinky away games City finish with.

I'm sure if City win it the SSN ticker at the bottom will read as follows;

*Emirates Marketing Project ARE CHAMPIONS! BUT IN NO WAY DID PLUCKY ARSENAL BOTTLE IT*
Imagine if it was us !! the rhetoric would be so different !!
sexy, perennial bottles, blah blah blah

This would be the mother of all bottle jobs.

When Leicester won the Prem we weren't top, we were chasing all season, it wasnt in our hands.

Woolwich have been top just about all season, have had huge point gaps over City and it's been in their hands all season until the last few weeks when they inevitably started bricking the bed.

If this goes tits up for them it's going to be beautiful.

Agreed, but I think they're still prone to dropping a 1-1 out of nowhere against some relegation fodder.

They are but so are Woolwich. Think if City beat them, they'll win it. That said, I wouldn't bank on City beating them.

Will be absolutely glorious if they don't win it. I think the phrase "bottling" is used way too often nowadays. It's trotted out every time a side lose a game. And if Woolwich don't win it, I probably wouldn't go as far as classing it as a bottle job. But that's exactly what I'll be saying and saying it loud.

For me it's win-win in terms of how the title race pans out.
If Arsenal do bottle it, the goading will be glorious as it'd be the biggest bottle job since Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 1996
If Arsenal do win it, whilst London will be horrible during the summer, it will remove the last vestiges of excuses for our lack of football ambition/strategy

If Arsenal do bottle it, the goading will be glorious as it'd be the biggest bottle job since Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 1996
If Arsenal do win it, whilst London will be horrible during the summer, it will remove the last vestiges of excuses for our lack of football ambition/strategy

Interesting point.

TBH, I'm feel numb to them winning it, I was there in 04 when they won it at WHL, doesn't really get any lower than that.

Still, fudge em.

If Arsenal do win it, whilst London will be horrible during the summer, it will remove the last vestiges of excuses yfor our lack of football ambition/strategy

Oh fudge you. That’s actually a really good point I hadn’t considered.

Brighton have quite a hand in the end of the season, quite apart from determining their own finish.
Cup and League games against Man Utd, league games against Arsenal, City and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to come.

If they did us the favour of winning most of those games or at least taking points off Arsenal and the Saudi's, they'll probably finish above us in the process!

I make that 4 pretty much guaranteed wins for the goons, 2 likely losses and either a draw or win against Brighton. 87-89 points.

6 very likely wins for City puts them on 88 with a probably win against the goons putting them on 91. They probably won't get a win away at Brighton but I don't think it will matter.

What makes you think that??

I had some comments from a very mouthy gooner I work with
He started off by saying who are Spurs losing to tomorrow, blah blah
I responded with, well it's not in your hands now and I got well if we don't win it it doesn't matter as nobody expected us to even be top 4
I said no but like you massively bottled 4th place to us last season this would be even worse as 3 times you have been 8/9 points clear so even if it wasn't expected you have blown it so so badly
No response
Literally not a peep from the above Gooner today !!
Shock

Back