• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

It would be gutting. I don't think it would mean that they had a better season than us. As a sign of the quality of a side, the league is a far better barometer than a cup. Not that I an sniffing at winning a cup, that would be lovely.
I don't think any of this will come to pass btw. It's just a tad annoying they have a route like that open to them.

good news: arsenal need to two teams to fudge up to get CL

bad news: potential two teams include Spurs and liverpool who are famous for fudging up

i still wouldn't put money on them missing out

We are writing Arsenal's obituary and they are not even dead yet. Arsenal could potentially win the FAC and get CL football. Hardly a disaster season no matter what is being said now.

for my money that's the absolute best they should expect at the start of any season, there are three teams with far more money than them

We are writing Arsenal's obituary and they are not even dead yet. Arsenal could potentially win the FAC and get CL football. Hardly a disaster season no matter what is being said now.

Indeed. I'm enjoying their bad patch like everyone else but lets not get too carried away. Even though we SHOULD beat them if we meet in the FA cup final, I won't be confident as I feel they still have a mental edge over us, not to mention that we haven't won the cup in close to 30 years.

Indeed. I'm enjoying their bad patch like everyone else but lets not get too carried away. Even though we SHOULD beat them if we meet in the FA cup final, I won't be confident as I feel they still have a mental edge over us, not to mention that we haven't won the cup in close to 30 years.

The only place they may have the mental edge is in the expectation of the fans. What has happened in the past has no bearing on the mental toughness of this team. This team has grown as the season has gone on and I believe that they are mentally and physically stronger than the Arsenal team.

The only place they may have the mental edge is in the expectation of the fans. What has happened in the past has no bearing on the mental toughness of this team. This team has grown as the season has gone on and I believe that they are mentally and physically stronger than the Arsenal team.

We will see. I hope you are right. The NLD is a test of that theory.

i dunno, we've seen teams in similar runs of form pull it out against us before

i'm still wary, there are a fair few in the squad who've been on the wrong side of arsenal before

We always have to be wary of Arsenal, but this malaise and it's timing is TOTALLY different to all the other 'Mind The Gap' type f-ups we've seen over the last decade:

1) the fixtures have been less 'kind' to them this year in that they've had a run of consecutive away games from Jan/Feb time where they usually struggle

2) because of the above they have been unable to build up the usual 'season saving/post-last 16 knock-out' run

3) the competition in the top 7 is stronger and so they are not just chasing one side historically shown to be shaky in a chase; chasing down 2 or 3 teams at once is similar to chasing a table-topper, which they have shown to be habitually unable to do in the last 13 years

4) Their remaining games include 3 against their top 7 competitors where they have to win and cannot settle for draws (in similar games at this stage in the past they've had the mental cushion of being already in the top 4 places and knowing they can afford to draw such games if necessary - no such cushion now and we know Arsenal are very much a confidence team)

5) No clear talisman atm who can be used to label them as a 'one-man team'; Even Sanchez is playing like $hit now

So, i think if we beat Bournemouth this Saturday and they don't beat Middlesbrough on Monday i think we'll be getting to rib them about "St Wenger's Day." Finally.

football fans are often encouraged to vote with their wallets when they are not happy about something, seems some are finally doing it

an empty stadium and quiet tills in the club shop will get wenger out quicker than clipart and youtube rants

football fans are often encouraged to vote with their wallets when they are not happy about something, seems some are finally doing it

an empty stadium and quiet tills in the club shop will get wenger out quicker than clipart and youtube rants

Pretty much this. Fans voting with their feet makes boards nervous.

Back