• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

It won't be an easy job as they still won't throw money at the situation despite their money in the bank and their potentially not getting champions league again. Also their fable youth set up is t producing anyone of a high quality as Iwobi hasn't stepped up (although he is clearly a apfirts team player)

They have been spending in recent seasons though, Ozil, Zhaka (whatever his phucking name is), Mustafi cost over £100m between them iirc. A manager with a game plan relevant to 2017 might make better use of that money. Hopefully not though!

Could still be a switch. Look at Manchester United, they won the title & yet, they're still below us a few seasons later. Arsenal aren't even winning the title. Sanchez and Wenger going. Might be tougher for the new manager to turn the club around than the fans think
That's my thinking.....I'd rather Wenger stayed for a couple of years and they did averagely well...while we have two tricky seasons (with the 2 stadium switches) and once we' re thru that they then have to contend with the replacing of Wenger...That's our chance to really shift the power in North London.

If they change and struggle now it may coincide with us struggling a bit as well.

Ha ha it is quarter past midnight and I'm still smiling and laughing to myself

That video above, half way through, the fat pie-eating monster goalkeeper Wayne Shaw of Sutton Utd appears for a second.

I'm loving this, decades in the making.

All the years of smugness. Then the years of invincible smugitude. Then the smug years of smaug. I cannot wait for these phuckers to give up and convert to netball

It won't be an easy job as they still won't throw money at the situation despite their money in the bank and their potentially not getting champions league again. Also their fable youth set up is t producing anyone of a high quality as Iwobi hasn't stepped up (although he is clearly a apfirts team player)
Clearly.

Arsene Wenger blamed the referee after Arsenal crashed out of the Champions League, but thinks the club is in "good shape".

10-2 Arsene. 10-2.....

People (not Spurs fans, but people generally) get too caught up in the idea that Arsenal are falling down miserably about this time every year. It always happens. They're never in such bad shape that the wheels come totally off. They always lose when the pressure to be real winners is there, and they always come storming back when they know they can claim the booby prize of 4th or finishing above us. It is so predictable it is almost laughable. I wouldn't be sure that this season will be any different. We will still do well to finish above them.

Although I will say, they've had a lot of luck this season, snatching 3 points barely against poor teams when they really didn't deserve them. They haven't been as consistent or as dominant. Maybe this is the year.

People (not Spurs fans, but people generally) get too caught up in the idea that Arsenal are falling down miserably about this time every year. It always happens. They're never in such bad shape that the wheels come totally off. They always lose when the pressure to be real winners is there, and they always come storming back when they know they can claim the booby prize of 4th or finishing above us. It is so predictable it is almost laughable. I wouldn't be sure that this season will be any different. We will still do well to finish above them.

Yea they can quite feasibly win the FA cup this season, they've got a bye to the semis and tgeir run in (last 10 games) tends to be ok as the fixtures don't change much year on year, so can get top 4 as well. That's a good season for them! Like you say they've had the same season for about 5 years now, it's just the media have finally picked up on it.

In summary we've still got a massive fight to finish above them! They came to the Lane last season in similar disarray and managed to snatch a draw with 10 men! We have to be on it!

Is this the right time to make an offer for Sanchez?

Haha, how awesome would that be. :D Would love to have him play for us, to be honest, one of my absolute favorite players before he joined Scum (can't say he's done too bad at them either, to be fair). Not gonna happen obviously, but one can dream. ;)

Back