• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

they've been the best team this season but some of the luck is just insane.

No Palmer. No Destiny this weekend.
No Mitoma v Brighton.
No Salah v Liverpool.
No Walker v City.

Meanwhile they've had a whole season using 25 players, no injuries and Saliba ever present.

then you look at yesterday. 100% a foul on i think Jackson or Madueke, not given, goes up the other end, goal. If that was Forest vs Arsenal/City/Pool you 100% know VAR would chalk it off.

A mis-hit cross, goal.

Just insane luck. It's written.

We have a chance to derail them on Sunday. Play like our lives depend on it, same as Chelsea did against us in the Leicester season. Arteta is combustible and we should play on that and turn it into a battle, wind them up and they’ll lose their heads.
Doubt if we will though.

So, we just kick brick out of them a'la Chel$ki style. Can we loan Lamela for a game?
Well it was us who did most of the kicking, eye-gouging etc if I remember correctly. I’m thinking more on the lines of Arse* doing the same (x10) this time, leading to several red cards plus charges of bringing the game into disrepute ideally resulting in a points deduction.

they've been the best team this season but some of the luck is just insane.

No Palmer. No Destiny this weekend.
No Mitoma v Brighton.
No Salah v Liverpool.
No Walker v City.

Meanwhile they've had a whole season using 25 players, no injuries and Saliba ever present.

then you look at yesterday. 100% a foul on i think Jackson or Madueke, not given, goes up the other end, goal. If that was Forest vs Arsenal/City/Pool you 100% know VAR would chalk it off.

A mis-hit cross, goal.

Just insane luck. It's written.
Leciester like !!

Well it was us who did most of the kicking, eye-gouging etc if I remember correctly. I’m thinking more on the lines of Arse* doing the same (x10) this time, leading to several red cards plus charges of bringing the game into disrepute ideally resulting in a points deduction.
I was just thinking, if we can't beat them then batter them :)

I know i may be in the minority over this but imo we blew it against chelski by resorting to what we did. pooch blew it and so did most of our players that night and we suffered because of it. imo

I know i may be in the minority over this but imo we blew it against chelski by resorting to what we did. pooch blew it and so did most of our players that night and we suffered because of it. imo

I think it will always be one of those great 'pub debates' where opinions will always be divided whilst folks on either side will be able to see why the other feels the way they do.

Reactions: jrh

I get where you’re coming from. Whatever the result, I think our players knew it was over and the frustration all came out that night. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that fabregas and Hazard got most of the “treatment”. You’re probably right that had we just been a bit more professional then we may have got over the line.

I don’t think being aggressive is a bad way to go. They have players that can be wound up like Gabriel for example. Might be one for Richy to start for his aggression. Obviously I hope we win or at the very least take a point and dent their title challenge but if it’s game over with 10 minutes left then Romero and the rest of them have my full permission to give them a kicking.

Even if we had beaten Chelsea it was still going to be very difficult to overhaul Leicester.
The narrative had been written and no one was going to be allowed to change it.
I felt if there was a game that we blew it it was the 1-0 defeat to Leicester, but even that was kind of of our hands because of the very weak ref.

I think it will always be one of those great 'pub debates' where opinions will always be divided whilst folks on either side will be able to see why the other feels the way they do.

I get where you’re coming from. Whatever the result, I think our players knew it was over and the frustration all came out that night. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that fabregas and Hazard got most of the “treatment”. You’re probably right that had we just been a bit more professional then we may have got over the line.

Even if we had beaten Chelsea it was still going to be very difficult to overhaul Leicester.
I felt if there was a game that we blew it it was the 1-0 defeat to Leicester, but even that was kind of of our hands because of the very weak ref.

All fair points but we lost our heads in that game and we lost points because of it. A lesson learned i hope.

That game was in January, so there was still lots of football to be played.

West Brom 1-1 at home is the one that sticks out in my head. On the back of beating Man Utd 3-0 and Stoke 4-0, we were flying.

But we had 3 Monday night games in a row (Stoke, WBA, Chelsea) after they'd won and put their feet up on the Saturday/Sunday.

Edit: you can stretch if back to the West Ham & Arsenal games too. 2-1 over 10 man Arsenal...criminal that we didn't see that out and go top.

screenshot_2024_04_27 _11.48.jpg

Back