• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Teeth Whitening

P.D.

Alf Ramsey
Anyone had this done or know much about it? Since I signed up to Groupon they always have deals on this that are fairly cheap like less than ?ú200.

Had a look around web and seems there are various ways with most offers on laser. Are they all fairly similar etc?

Seems even the most premium studios only charge ?ú500-600 for it so I'm thinking it can't be that different from place to place.

Or, why not buy 500ml of 3% Food Grade H2O2 and spray it on your teeth (with a nasal spray bottle), leave for a minute or two then wash it off and brush with some H2O2 mixed with sodium bicarb. The H2O2 costs about 3 quid on Ebay for 500ml (about ?ú5 delivered), couple of quid for a nasal spray. The gel gumshield things you can use are just 7% H2O2.

I did this in the build up to getting wed and my mates were asking if I'd had mine cleaned as they whitened right up. I still give them a spray some mornings and then brush with normal toothpaste after. Gives you a nice little oxygen boost as well.

Get the trays you can get moulded and the hydrogen peroxide gel. Use to 2 hours a day for a week and the teeth will look good without the fake Hollywood whiteness. around ?ú150

I had the gum shields properly made by a dentist. They fit my teeth perfectly. So now I can just buy extra gel to top myself up.

'Not just any gums: they're M&S burnt to a cinder gums'

LOL

Leeds;

Naaa, think it is a con myself, catalyse peroxidases are enzymes which your body uses to convert low level amounts of H2o2 back to oxygen and water, though everbody is different, but it will also kill bacteria (unfortunately indiscriminately good and bad!).

To clean your teeth up to the gum line surely some must go on the gum anyway?

Anyway, we are both essentially suggesting the same thing, I am suggesting 3% for a minute or two (which will take ALOT longer), whilst you are suggesting 7% (for a condensed period).

For general dental health though oil pulling is my go-to-guy! --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_pulling that's some weird (but good) brick!

Naaaa, just if I have the feeling I might be getting a cavity, or feeling in poor oral health.

The 3% is pure H2o2 at a lower concentration, so it's like water essentially (in consistency, H2o2 is water with an extra oxygen molecule), the gel is 7% within a gel compound, you could probably use Aloe Vera to make a gel but I'm not a chemist to know how differing elements react together (a quick look online shows alot of people do mix them together, plus Aloe is used to sooth gums plus a host of other stuff). But I see no reason why you couldn't get an aplicator (as said I just fill a nasal spray with it, it is very directional up close) and fill the gumshield with the pure H2o2, but the top shield and gravity would cause some issues, pesky gravity!

(Edit : actually I just read some are up to 22% peroxide, not always H2o2 either)

Last edited:
Back