• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Hat-Tricks 1896 to 2013

THFC6061

Paul Robinson
A4641_zps9ac35096.jpg

Jermain Defoe's three goals against South China on Saturday was the 193rd competitive Hat-Trick scored by a Spurs player since the first one went in against Old St Stephen's in the 1896 FA Cup.

Defoe himself has scored 5 hat-tricks for Spurs but Jimmy Greaves holds the club record with 15.

Hat-Tricks have now been scored against 75 different opponents with the most coming against Southampton (9 scored).

Spurs have won 187 of the 193 games in which our players have scored a Hat-Trick, with 3 matches drawn and 3 lost...

Tottenham Hotspur Hat-Tricks Scored from 1896 to 2013

Last edited:
by the way statto the ads are not working properly on your site, I opened that link in ios and had 7 dialogs come up asking me if I wanted to install candy crush one after another

by the way statto the ads are not working properly on your site, I opened that link in ios and had 7 dialogs come up asking me if I wanted to install candy crush one after another

Thanks for the heads-up.

The ads are placed on the site by a third party and you are probably seeing a different set than I am, as we are in different regions.

But do hat tricks in pre season even count? Its not like it will add to Defoe's tally this season.

But do hat tricks in pre season even count? Its not like it will add to Defoe's tally this season.

Well it was a competitive match, organised by the Premier League, with a trophy up for grabs, so I would say yes.

Likewise, if a player scored a hat-trick in the Charity/Community Shield, that would count too.

Went to Ipswich Game Boxing Day '62. Got to game late as buses were very few and missed first goal, left 5min before end to get bus home and missed Jims' hatrick

only fudging spurs could have someone score a hat trick and still lose

To be fair to us, those 3 times we lost after a player scored the hattrick was way back in 1915 and 1925 while the only recent one is Bale's hattrick against Inter Milan in 2010 CL which was after being 0-4 and a man down. Frankly, I thought we had lost more times than that. Never thought we have a very good record when a Spurs player scores a hattrick.

Well it was a competitive match, organised by the Premier League, with a trophy up for grabs, so I would say yes.

Likewise, if a player scored a hat-trick in the Charity/Community Shield, that would count too.

But not sure if Defoe's hattrick against South China should be included as that was a pre-season match. If you want to include that then you should include all other hattricks in the pre-season matches as well. I am sure there have been many other hattricks in friendly matches for us. If you include the Defoe hattrick against South China, then he has scored 6 hattricks for us so far which is more than almost all the Spurs players in history. I still feel Defoe should be scoring more hattricks for us.

only fudging spurs could have someone score a hat trick and still lose

Christian Vieri once scored four goals for Athletico Madrid, and lost 5 - 4. Rumour has it he refused to get the bus back with the team because he was so tinkled off with them.

Dennis Law scored 6 for Emirates Marketing Project in an FA Cup game which was abandoned at 6-1, they went on to lose the tie at the replay. That's got to be gut wretching

As a fan too young to have seen Greaves play (which I guess most here are really), that page really put in to perspective why the guy is so revered. That is a phenomenal number of hattricks.

Back