• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Speeding ticket

sonchai

Hans Segers
I was caught speeding three weeks ago, on Saturday i recived the charge/summns notice through the post. When i was pulled over i gave the traffic cop all my details that he asked for, full name, address full date of birth, email address etc,etc.... When i get the summons through the post, my name is wrong: Say my full name is Mark Paul James. The summons is addressed to a Mr Paul James, the adress is right, but they've missed my christen name of the summons.
Does anyone know how i stand on this? Could i get my self out of this speeding fine and points through this error? It's an error on their behalf at an administration level, as i've a witness who over heard the conversation i had when i was pulled over to say that i gave the right information. Any advice would be welcome as to where i stand. Thanks in advance

If it was your car, and you are the registered keeper, pay it and accept you got caught.

Trust me. there are very few loopholes. One of my best mates is a traffic cop, and I've asked him for the escape clauses before. There are none.

Have they also included an option to take a 'driver awareness course' . Usually about £80 and but you will swerve the points. Will take 4hrs of your day though. Remember extra points will effect your insurance premium.

Have they also included an option to take a 'driver awareness course' . Usually about £80 and but you will swerve the points. Will take 4hrs of your day though. Remember extra points will effect your insurance premium.
Three for speeding won't, they're expected nowadays. It's after you become a repeat offender they start to take them into account. I've seen words to that affect when I've been on various comparison sites, please don't ask me which sites or companies though, I can't remember.

Three for speeding won't, they're expected nowadays. It's after you become a repeat offender they start to take them into account. I've seen words to that affect when I've been on various comparison sites, please don't ask me which sites or companies though, I can't remember.

Mmmmmmmmm..............not sure on this one Gord.

My last lot of speeding points made a difference until they expired.

1957 it was.

Mmmmmmmmm..............not sure on this one Gord.

My last lot of speeding points made a difference until they expired.

1957 it was.

My insurers told me that three points for going through a red light don't affect the premium much at all (provided the offence didn't cause an accident), but three points for a speeding ticket will affect the premium. It seems insurers view speeding as more dangerous than jumping the lights, which seems a little odd.

My insurers told me that three points for going through a red light don't affect the premium much at all (provided the offence didn't cause an accident), but three points for a speeding ticket will affect the premium. It seems insurers view speeding as more dangerous than jumping the lights, which seems a little odd.

I wonder if that's because more people speed, than jump red lights?

I don't think insurers give a brick about how dangerous the incident is.

But how much additional revenue they can claw in.....

Back