• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Soldado - Ade

Soldado's link up play has not been top notch. He does not get involved anywhere near enough for that. He has flashes of real quality but spends a lot of most games invisible.

he has already had that and he flopped his lines badly

not to mention that i doubt that they could forge better chances than he has been getting recently , which IMO defoe would hav buried. any better chance and you would literrally be giving him the ball on the goal line like it was a penalty and bribing the opposition to watch him on the big screen at the half way line

he could still miss

Haha, good post.

[QUOTE=Jordinho;497902Soldados form has been on the wane for at least 2/3 months already. I'd rather drop him for anyone.

This partnership won't be good enough to get us in the top six unless Man Utd continue to falter.

I know there have been promising signs, particularly in the Southampton and Stoke games, but generally they don't link up that well. Individually Ade is top drawer on his day but he has a **** attitude so we can't expect him to produce that too often, while Soldado just hasn't settled.

With the ridiculously high volume of midfielders and attacking midfielders we have we really should revert to a 4-2-3-1, or a 4-3-3 (preferably the former). Unfortunately I think Tim is very stubborn when it comes to formations and will stick with 4-4-2 through hell and high water, despite our partnership not being up to it.

This partnership won't be good enough to get us in the top six unless Man Utd continue to falter.

I know there have been promising signs, particularly in the Southampton and Stoke games, but generally they don't link up that well. Individually Ade is top drawer on his day but he has a **** attitude so we can't expect him to produce that too often, while Soldado just hasn't settled.

With the ridiculously high volume of midfielders and attacking midfielders we have we really should revert to a 4-2-3-1, or a 4-3-3 (preferably the former). .Unfortunately I think Tim is very stubborn when it comes to formations and will stick with 4-4-2 through hell and high water, despite our partnership not being up to it.

He wasn't with the development squad which played both 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 under him.

The game from the other day at the training ground where Obika hit in 6 was almost us playing a front four (from watching the goals), one out wide, striker in the box, number 10 sitting deeper and the other winger floating around near the striker. If translated to the first team we would see a similar shape to now (it's still a wonky of sorts), but with an extra AM instead of a striker.

Hard to judge an out of form player in an unsettled team in a new league.

The problem really is, Soldado at this point is the only striker we have who has to be on the team sheet, what other options are there?

JD - He's gone, obviously we have never really considered him good enough to be #1, so why make him that now?
Ade - He's on his game now, but we all know it will fade, is it a game, a month, sooner or later we will see the bad side.
Kane - Not good enough, and certainly not to get a game in front of any of the others.

So you are left with Soldado, obviously off his game, but lots of evidence to prove he has the capacity to deliver.

My opinion

- We play Ade/Soldado as long as Ade gives a ****
- We sub one or the other during games and try options in the hole/feeding (Eriks?)
- We buy a striker option as cover (after we get a LB)
- Hope Soldado finds form

this logic of yours i honestly am amazed how far apart we've drifted in how we used to reason with each other

so the guy that is OFF form is the guy that HAS to be on the team sheet, yet the guy that is ON form and has nearly totally transformed our team and our play for the better is the guy that is able to be sacrificed?

and why? because he too suffered bad form therefore he is the unreliable guy?
i'd personally think it would be better if you just came out and said you want solly in there and dont dress it up because it just sounds extremely biased. i honestly dont understand what the reasoning behind that is

why make defoe number 1? why would he be number one anyway...? maybe there is no number 1 , maybe everyone needs to fight for their shirt you know...and this year his play has been better than soldado's for me....but he is gone so it means nothing really

the funny thing is that soldado cant keep blundering guilt edged chances.......imagine if he scores one goal, a tap in perhaps ...i can only imagine what you would say then...most likely no containing you;)

look the guy is off form, low on confidence and is playing below par....give the dude a rest and let him come back fresh when he gets a chance ...hopefully he wont miss another sitter

this logic of yours i honestly am amazed how far apart we've drifted in how we used to reason with each other

so the guy that is OFF form is the guy that HAS to be on the team sheet, yet the guy that is ON form and has nearly totally transformed our team and our play for the better is the guy that is able to be sacrificed?

and why? because he too suffered bad form therefore he is the unreliable guy?
i'd personally think it would be better if you just came out and said you want solly in there and dont dress it up because it just sounds extremely biased. i honestly dont understand what the reasoning behind that is

why make defoe number 1? why would he be number one anyway...? maybe there is no number 1 , maybe everyone needs to fight for their shirt you know...and this year his play has been better than soldado's for me....but he is gone so it means nothing really

the funny thing is that soldado cant keep blundering guilt edged chances.......imagine if he scores one goal, a tap in perhaps ...i can only imagine what you would say then...most likely no containing you;)

look the guy is off form, low on confidence and is playing below par....give the dude a rest and let him come back fresh when he gets a chance ...hopefully he wont miss another sitter

AS, I get you don't believe in Soldado, I do. I also don't think the logic is that flawed, either we believe in Soldado or not, and either we believe resting him or playing him will help him find that form.

My view is really process of elimination, guess the question for you is, do you really believe we are going to have "good Ade" for more than a couple of games?

AS, I get you don't believe in Soldado, I do. I also don't think the logic is that flawed, either we believe in Soldado or not, and either we believe resting him or playing him will help him find that form.

My view is really process of elimination, guess the question for you is, do you really believe we are going to have "good Ade" for more than a couple of games?

we have good Ade now, good ade is transforming the team...off form solly on his own does not the team (in his defense that was under a manager that was more involved in his books than the players....but hey you prefered his style so maybe you were happy with solly then)...and quite frankly his lone striker game in this league is poor..simple as

i honestly dont get why we are banking on ade going cold so therefore doing a pre-emptive strike by sacrificing him for someone else....and instead banking on the guy thats missing from two yards out...regularly as well and calling him undroppable

you know what the unfortunate thing is...it doesnt matter that solly cant hit a cows **** with a banjo right now, the fact is that if ade goes 2 or 3 games without assisting or scoring...i get the feeling that you'll feel some kind of vindication and want him dropped...yet solly? free pass

like i said...i would swallow this line much easier if you just said you dont like ade and prefer the spanish guy cause he's from spain and is technical with a nice pedigree...in spain (where its slow , less physical and people give you time to pose on the ball)

we have good Ade now, good ade is transforming the team...off form solly on his own does not the team (in his defense that was under a manager that was more involved in his books than the players....but hey you prefered his style so maybe you were happy with solly then)...and quite frankly his lone striker game in this league is poor..simple as

i honestly dont get why we are banking on ade going cold so therefore doing a pre-emptive strike by sacrificing him for someone else....and instead banking on the guy thats missing from two yards out...regularly as well and calling him undroppable

you know what the unfortunate thing is...it doesnt matter that solly cant hit a cows **** with a banjo right now, the fact is that if ade goes 2 or 3 games without assisting or scoring...i get the feeling that you'll feel some kind of vindication and want him dropped...yet solly? free pass

like i said...i would swallow this line much easier if you just said you dont like ade and prefer the spanish guy cause he's from spain and is technical with a nice pedigree...in spain (where its slow , less physical and people give you time to pose on the ball)

Hahaha, need to work on my writing skills if that is the bias I show.

I believe on form Ade is the best striker we have. My concern is building a dependency on him has always ended up being a bad idea in his career. If TS has had that discussion with him and believes different, then lets go, Ade #1 and rotate either Solely/JD/Lamela around him.

My view is that is risky based on history, but I have zero insight other than events of the past.

p.s. AS, I never celebrate our players failures, I don't want to justify points like that.

For what its worth, I honestly believe we only have two players in the squad not good enough, Rose & Naughton.

p.s. AS, I never celebrate our players failures, I don't want to justify points like that.

For what its worth, I honestly believe we only have two players in the squad not good enough, Rose & Naughton.

you dont have to , thats about as cheap and low a blow as a poster can get but i honestly cant help but feel like you are wanting him dropped now cause you just dont like him. what other reason could there possibly be for wanting to drop the best attacking weapon on the team??!!

its the same as the sherwood fiasco...ONE bad game it was...and you were on his back saying "this is why people dont want him" etc

i can just see one game of ade thats bad...and you'll be all over his case. get on solly's case first ...dude plays letharigc , misses, doesnt play well...gets help ....has better chances and better link up play, but still misses and doesnt put nearly as much effort in as Ade on the defensive end...but it sounds like he is exempt somehow

Adebayor is the closest we have to a "world class" player, (when at his best).
Soldado has stated that he enjoys playing alongside him.

If the two can strike a bond great things can happen, preferably immediately, if not sooner.

you dont have to , thats about as cheap and low a blow as a poster can get but i honestly cant help but feel like you are wanting him dropped now cause you just dont like him. what other reason could there possibly be for wanting to drop the best attacking weapon on the team??!!

its the same as the sherwood fiasco...ONE bad game it was...and you were on his back saying "this is why people dont want him" etc

i can just see one game of ade thats bad...and you'll be all over his case. get on solly's case first ...dude plays letharigc , misses, doesnt play well...gets help ....has better chances and better link up play, but still misses and doesnt put nearly as much effort in as Ade on the defensive end...but it sounds like he is exempt somehow

Call me out on it, for whatever reason mate, you think I have an agenda against Ade, it seems 5 decent games has made everyone forget the guy was AWOL for 14 months (with extended circumstances), his recent interview has him saying all the right things, I'm just not as convinced we have Ade Mk1 for an extended run yet. I would be extremely happy if the guy bangs them in for the rest of season and you can rub my face in it at the end.

Re Sherwood, different story, I don't believe in the guy, don't understand the appointment (and that is completely separate from anything to do with AVB). I'm not shouting Sherwood out or anything like that, just feel extremely underwhelmed by the appointment, think everyone is simply vainly hoping that rolling the dice pays off.

Back