• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scouting and recruitment

milo

Jack L. Jones
I've pulled these posts out of the Sliding Doors thread because there could be an interesting discussion about how we and other clubs scout and recruit players

Re: Sliding Doors

Capello getting sacked (or did he quit?) by England we'd have finished at least 3rd and Arsenal would have missed out on CL.

The Abramovich thing is definitley the biggest though tbf - like ive said before im glad it never happened. But if you think Chelsea have become a big club just imagine the size we'd be by now with that success

oh, there you are ...LOL:lol: ...

yeah just highlighting that people have to make judgments on talent without that much personal viewing on many occasions. (this in regards to the lamela thing)

Affy, I hope that our set up is more professional than it was under Sugar. The quality of players that we recruit certainly suggests it is.

Affy, I hope that our set up is more professional than it was under Sugar. The quality of players that we recruit certainly suggests it is.

of course now it is.

thing is though in grass roots and lower level professional football its still the same. I scouted a few in my time in past when i helped a relative with his coaching......plus kids have trials etc....you dont and cant afford time to look at the them for an entire year or 4. you have videos and you have a very small amount of games....then you make a decision...quick....before someone else makes it for you and you lose out

to be honest i dont know how long and intensively scouts watch a single target now anyway. are they paid to sit in the stands for an entire year or 2 watching the same person every week? i dont think so...they look at reports, reccomendations , and then top it with their own vieweing. at least thats what i would imagine

oh, there you are ...LOL:lol: ...

yeah just highlighting that people have to make judgments on talent without that much personal viewing on many occasions. (this in regards to the lamela thing)

Sorry, not sure i follow?

actually this is also a bit of a mistake

we get better players cause we are paying more money and because we are in europe and our brand name is amongst the top 10 or 15 in world football now.

even when we were on the comeback trail all those years ago under arnesen etc and just before..the cALIbre of players were reflective of our position and standing

and 1 thing though, not sure how hard it is to scout continental international players that play first team football in one of the top 5 first world leagues in europe. despite this i have questions on who decided soldado was the guy to get us going NOW, and i dont know who thought 30 million was a good deal for lamela even though according to you because he is under 23 he is a project automatically

you still havent answered my question.....how long do we give lamela? you have never answered that i dont think or i missed it.

actually this is also a bit of a mistake

we get better players cause we are paying more money and because we are in europe and our brand name is amongst the top 10 or 15 in world football now.

even when we were on the comeback trail all those years ago under arnesen etc and just before..the cALIbre of players were reflective of our position and standing

and 1 thing though, not sure how hard it is to scout continental international players that play first team football in one of the top 5 first world leagues in europe. despite this i have questions on who decided soldado was the guy to get us going NOW, and i dont know who thought 30 million was a good deal for lamela even though according to you because he is under 23 he is a project automatically

you still havent answered my question.....how long do we give lamela? you have never answered that i dont think or i missed it.

Did not realise real football fans used that phrase.

Back