• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RIP Sid Waddell

I hate darts - its brick etc etc etc

But I did like his way of commentating - I guess the only reason to watch darts for me

Won't be the same without him, RIP Sid

Totally. I have got used to John Gywnne and Wayne Mardle recently, but they just dont come up with classic phrases that Sid used to come out with

He looks about as happy as a penguin in a microwave."

"Bob came on like the Laughing Cavalier … now he looks like Lee Van Cleef on a bad night."

"It's the nearest thing to public execution this side of Saudi Arabia."
"[He's] as happy as a hound-dog who's won a year's supply of Boneo."

"If we'd had Phil Taylor at Hastings against the Normans, they'd have gone home."

A massive loss to the World of Darts. RIP Sid you will be greatly missed

"There's only one word for that: magic darts!"

"William Tell could take an apple off your head, Taylor could take out a processed pea."

"The players are under so much duress, it's like duressic park out there!"

"The atmosphere is so tense, if Elvis walked in ,with a portion of chips……. you could hear the vinegar sizzle on them."

"When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer..... Bristow's only 27."

"Phil Taylor's got the consistency of a planet ... and he's in a darts orbit!"

“That was like throwing three pickled onions into a thimble!”

"There hasn't been this much excitement since the Romans fed the Christians to the Lions."

"It's like Dracula getting out of his grave and asking for a few chips with his steak."

"This game of darts is twisting like a rattlesnake with a hernia!"

"Keith Deller's not just an underdog, he's an underpuppy!"

"This lad has more checkouts than Tescos."

"Big Cliff Lazarenko's idea of exercise is sitting in a room with the windows open taking the lid off something cool and fizzy."

"Jockey Wilson, he comes from the valleys and he's chuffing like a choo-choo train!"

"I don't know what he's had for breakfast but Taylor knocked the Snap, Crackle and Pop outta Bristow."

"He looks about as happy as a penguin in a microwave."

"Steve Beaton - The adonis of darts, what poise, what elegance - a true Roman gladiator with plenty of hair wax."

"They won't just have to play outta their skin to beat Phil Taylor. They'll have to play outta their essence!"

“Steve Beaton, he's not Adonis, he's THE donis”

"If we'd had Phil Taylor at Hastings against the Normans, they'd have gone home."

"Look at the man go, its like trying to stop a waterbuffalo with a pea-shooter."

"Bristow reasons... Bristow quickens... Aaah, Bristow."

[video=youtube;_aKiDZRGRGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_aKiDZRGRGo[/video]

One of my favourite aspects of watching the darts

[video=youtube;CCE5sucR20Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCE5sucR20Y[/video]

Genius

Back