• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

That's heartbreaking and encouraging at the same time. His message about seeking help is so important. Trying to overcome these kind of demons on your own can be deadly.

I imagine it's even harder to openly admit you're struggling being a professional footballer too - because of the pressure and demands you're under such scrutiny to handle week after week. Admitting "weakness" in that kind of environment takes inner strength and a lot of courage.

Big kudos to Richy for being open and honest about it. A good role model.

yet more proof that mental health has nothing to do with wealth, or status or standing - the guy is the No9 for Brazil, most people would assume he spends his life deliriously happy. Fair play to him for the honesty, lets hope we see the continuation of the new version of him which has been happier and more comfortable in his own skin.

Sometimes you get what you pay for i.e. nowt.

Are you suggesting that the value spent on a player is linked to how good their fitness record is? I'd say there's plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise across the years....

That's heartbreaking and encouraging at the same time. His message about seeking help is so important. Trying to overcome these kind of demons on your own can be deadly.

I imagine it's even harder to openly admit you're struggling being a professional footballer too - because of the pressure and demands you're under such scrutiny to handle week after week. Admitting "weakness" in that kind of environment takes inner strength and a lot of courage.

Big kudos to Richy for being open and honest about it. A good role model.
I think he's implied that admitting mental health struggles within his family and upbringing group is the hardest thing.

I'd say football (UK) for a good 5 years has opened up the mental health conversation to such a degree that all players will know there is help there and a supportive environment for those that feel the need to speak up and reach out. And Richie has been in the UK game for quite a while.

All power to him for breaking down that wall.

yet more proof that mental health has nothing to do with wealth, or status or standing - the guy is the No9 for Brazil, most people would assume he spends his life deliriously happy. Fair play to him for the honesty, lets hope we see the continuation of the new version of him which has been happier and more comfortable in his own skin.
They are studies that highlight different mental health issues related to income
Everyone’s circumstance can lead to different challenges and problems
My wife sees people who live in £M houses and people who cant afford to eat
The key is anyone seeking help like Richy has done

Fair play to him for opening up about his struggles. Still a lot of work to do but it shows how far we’ve come that public figures now feel comfortable enough to talk about mental health in public rather than the usual “stiff upper lip” stuff we used to hear endlessly. Its not a sign of weakness to admit it, its very brave.

Back