• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Recovering Webpages

davieb

Darren Caskey
Hey,

I made a purchase last night and stupidly didn't save the webpage that had the order confirmation thinking that the site would email me automatically (as i was in a rush to get to football training). I went into my emails this morning but i havnt recieved a confirmation. Just wondering is there a way to recover that order page (with the confirmation number etc)?

Cheers

D

uhhh. there's this thing called browser history? :S

His session at that site would have timed out by now. Reopening an old page might not bring up the same info.

If you have registered an account you could try logging in to see purchase history or something.

If you set your browser to work offline and then go into internet history you might be able to find a cached version of the page.

His session at that site would have timed out by now. Reopening an old page might not bring up the same info.

If you have registered an account you could try logging in to see purchase history or something.

i am almost certain (in most browsers) you would be able to view the confirmation of order page in browser history, as it will have a unique URL for each purchase..

i am almost certain (in most browsers) you would be able to view the confirmation of order page in browser history, as it will have a unique URL for each purchase..

It would depend on how that page was created. I've come across webstores where I've timed out just browsing through their stuff and had to start over from their main page again.

just because you time out doesn't mean the page doesn't exist any longer, you may be logged out of a store or out of a certain session, but an order confirmation page shouldn't just up and disappear... afaik

just because you time out doesn't mean the page doesn't exist any longer, you may be logged out of a store or out of a certain session, but an order confirmation page shouldn't just up and disappear... afaik

The page would be based on information gathered at the time and once the session times out that information is gone and so is the page that URL lead to. It will depend on how they've set up their store of course, but it can happen.

Back