• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Eveton

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
8 - Verts, Mason, Bentaleb
7 - rest

Excellent alround performance - totally dominant

Brilliant to finish 5th too - best of the rest and no EL qualifiers.

I'd probably agree with that. Dier was decent in the first half, but I thought he dropped off the pace in the second and made a couple of poor clearances.

First half scores first, second half scores in brackets.

Lloris - 7 (7)

Dier - 7 (6)
Fazio - 7 (7)
Vert - 8 (8)
Bentaleb - 8 (7)

Lamela - 7 (6)
Dembele - 7 (6)
Mason - 8 (7)

Eriksen - 7 (6)
Kane - 7 (7)
Chadli - 6 (6)

Subs:
Stambouli - 6
Townsend - 6
Soldado - n/a

Jan was a fudging monster .. showed how good he actually is

Bentaleb deserves a ton of credit for not only covering as LB, but actually making himself available as an attacking option every time
Mason's best game in the last few months .. good to remind people what he does bring to the side

Great delivery from Dier, great finish from Kane

Credit to Poch, good setup, motivated team, made adjustment in 2nd half when Everton looked like getting back into game

Teams around us choked .. we delivered, well done

How much would Jon Stones cost, I think that guy will be an incredible PL player for the next 10-15 years, I would pay a LOT for this guy.

How much would Jon Stones cost, I think that guy will be an incredible PL player for the next 10-15 years, I would pay a LOT for this guy.

EXACTLY what I said to my son while watching the game... Stones will go to Chelscum though when their neanderthal retires...

8 - Verts, Mason, Bentaleb
7 - rest

Excellent alround performance - totally dominant

Brilliant to finish 5th too - best of the rest and no EL qualifiers.

Agree with those 3 as the outstanding players....

Not possible to buy for us I think. Whatever bid we could get accepted by Everton would quickly get matched by United/Chelsea/City who would then top our wage offer by however much they feel like and just snap him up.

Stones will be class but Dier will be too

That's ultimately the kind of deal we have to go for. Going for a player like Stones after he's broken through as a top class talent at a relatively big club like Everton proving himself as good enough for regular PL football is just not going be a place where we can compete with richer clubs.

Finding more deals before they reach that level... That's one area where we can, potentially, do better than other clubs as it's more down to ability (and a fair bit of luck) and not just brute force money. And we're really trying it seems.

Dier looks a very good talent for sure. Has been inconsistent this season, no big surprise. I think, like so many of our players, he will push on next season after this experience.

That's ultimately the kind of deal we have to go for. Going for a player like Stones after he's broken through as a top class talent at a relatively big club like Everton proving himself as good enough for regular PL football is just not going be a place where we can compete with richer clubs.

Finding more deals before they reach that level... That's one area where we can, potentially, do better than other clubs as it's more down to ability (and a fair bit of luck) and not just brute force money. And we're really trying it seems.

Dier looks a very good talent for sure. Has been inconsistent this season, no big surprise. I think, like so many of our players, he will push on next season after this experience.

Dier has more pace than Stones and loan technically better. Stones however looks to have the awareness that Dier is lacking so far

Fully expect them to be England mainstays in the future

And agree completely about getting them young and developing

Lloris 7 - made the save he had to. Decent on crosses.

Dier 7 - will he be able to deliver those crosses from CB.
Fazio 6 - one of those CBs who, the more time he has, the more you worry
Vertonghen 8 - welcome back, Jan
Bentaleb 7- untroubled in defence, composed on the ball

Mason 8 - creative, industrious plus one crucial intervention on the edge of our box to thwart a breakthrough
Dembele 7 - velcro on his left boot

Lamela 7 - faded in the second half but some nice moments; if only he had some pace
Eriksen 7 - sporadic interventions but clearly he is the main puppet-master
Chadli 7 - apart from not feeding Bentaleb enough, a good game and a threatening performance

Kane 7 - making the right runs, impressively strong, and took his goal well

Stambouli 7 - plugged holes - legally & illegally, and nearly pulled off a snap through ball to Eriksen
Townsend n/a - not really on for long enough to merit a mark, but at least he did not muff it up by getting caught in possession
Soldado - I hope he gets an appearance bonus!

P.S. Who is Eveton? LOL

Some good performances from Jan, Mason, Bentaleb, I liked the look of Stambouli when he came on and I hope we see more of him next season, Fazio and Jan again looked to be our best CB pairing. My MOM was Jan.

Back