• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Premier League Table 1st January 2012 to 31st December 2012

THFC6061

Paul Robinson
Here is the Premier League Table for all matches played during the 2012 calendar year...

P0142.png

Interesting.

20 games played under both managers.

30 points for Harry. 36 for AVB. Fewer goals scored under Harry (31 to 36) but also fewer conceded (21 to 26).

And Liverpool........only 46 points in 2012. Their worst year since before Shankly?

Edit - in points per game Liverpool would also be behind West Ham and Bolton, so they'd be in 16th.

Quite interesting, cheers for posting.

Do you (or anyone else) know if most the teams played most of the opponents during the calendar year? Obviously during a season everyone will play everyone twice, but that might not be the case during a calendar year?

(Essentially I want someone to tell me that Everton aren't all that, they just had a slightly easier run than the rest of us :) )

Quite interesting, cheers for posting.

Do you (or anyone else) know if most the teams played most of the opponents during the calendar year? Obviously during a season everyone will play everyone twice, but that might not be the case during a calendar year?

(Essentially I want someone to tell me that Everton aren't all that, they just had a slightly easier run than the rest of us :) )

It would be quite rare that teams never met in the same calendar year.

But it does happen now and again.

For example, we never played any match against Arsenal in 1994

Everton have done well. Let's hope they can't continue in 2013.

They normally have a poor first half to a season and a much better second half.

This season was an exception for them, hence their strong performance in 2012.

It would probably need games to be postponed.

Typically now we play everyone before the New Year. In our 20 games we have played everyone and Villa twice. For some reason we played the second game against Villa before the first against Sunderland, but generally they schedule a game against everyone in the first half of the season now, whereas in the past it was a bit more random.

So depending on the fixtures next season, Villa are the only team we couldn't play in 2013. We go a whole year without playing them but the game will almost certainly be scheduled in 2013.

Cheers, but not quite what I was asking :)

Say one club only played once against Manu in the one year calendar year while getting 3 games against Fulham, compared to another team playing twice against both teams. That kind of thing.

Back