• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which of the following was your best win under AVB?

Which of the following was your best win under AVB?

• Away PL 3-0 vs Fulham, Dec 2012

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Away PL 4-0 vs Aston Villa, Dec 2012

• Home EL 2-1 vs Lyon, Feb 2013

• Away CC 4-0 vs Aston Villa, Sept 2013

• Home EL 4-1 vs Anzhi, Dec 2013

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
West Ham away for me, only because I was there and stood directly behind Bale's shot! After being 2-1 down with about 3 mins left and winning 3-2 was brilliant, and seeing the Spammers lose again to us, watching the place go quiet and the stands empty as we all went mad was just fantastic

Has to be UTD for the celebration alone.

AfraidGracefulDore-max-1mb.gif

The United one was brilliant, and perfectly timed as Sherwood had tried to undermine the squad in the press the morning of the game

A win against Arsenal is always great but that said, there's only one answer to this question....United away. Very impressive performance. We even hung on for about half an hour after United scored 2 goals in quick succession with a goal from Dempsey in between. Big credit to AVB for that one.

The West Ham game was amazing but not sure how much credit AVB deserves for that personally as it pretty much Bale taking it upon himself to win the game for us as no one else could.

Last edited:
Emirates Marketing Project at home. Fantastic blitz of 3 goals in the space of about 15 mins if I remember rightly. 0-1 down but trying our hardest to get back into the game, I think Bale had just come back from 2-3 weeks out after damaging an ankle against Basle and his contribution was immense. All 3 goals were exceptional in different ways and the atmosphere was great throughout but once we equalised the ground just took on a new energy.

Surely, our best win under AVB must be the historic 3-2 away win over ManU which was our first away win over them since 1990. The last few mins were so tense but the celebration and satisfaction after that were full of emotion like a Cup final ! Will always rate AVB highly due that that win !

Surely, our best win under AVB must be the historic 3-2 away win over ManU which was our first away win over them since 1990. The last few mins were so tense but the celebration and satisfaction after that were full of emotion like a Cup final ! Will always rate AVB highly due that that win !

that was a rubicon for us, a key building block to our current position

Man Utd was a big win for obvious reasons, but the performance, comeback and sheer enjoyment of City at home seals it for me.

it’s not on the list but there was a game against villa which we won 2-0 and they didn’t have a kick in our box, we absolutely strangled the game, it was beautiful, that was my favourite

Blame it on that traitor Bale ! If he had stayed, we would have fight for the league title the following season.

How exactly would we have propelled ourselves from 5th for title challengers?

Anyway, Bale staying would have meant no Lamela, no way we could have started on the path to world domination without him.

it’s not on the list but there was a game against villa which we won 2-0 and they didn’t have a kick in our box, we absolutely strangled the game, it was beautiful, that was my favourite
Was at that game with a Villa fan who was mortified by their performance. They practically stood and watched us go past them that day.

Almost as embarrassing for us that we only scored two, frankly should have been nearer 12.

Back