• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paul Gascoigne

Seeing as I'm a bit younger than others here, what did happen at Wembley. Did someone go out to injure him?

Seeing as I'm a bit younger than others here, what did happen at Wembley. Did someone go out to injure him?

Yep, the voices in his head ****ed him over.

Mate get the DVD for Christmas, it's was an intriguing cup final. Gazza could have been off after 5 mins for a chest high tackle on Garry Parker, then 5 mins later he goes knee high on Gary Charles and does his cruciate ligament. I'm afraid to say he lost it that day. Still a hero though obviously.

This sadly was the last Spurs saw of arguably the most talented English footballer of all time but at least his 6 FA Cup goals that season were not in vain as we picked up the trophy for a then record 8th time.

Basically he was Rooney, Beckham and Scholes all rolled into one for us that season.

[video=youtube;AyX_af6Rm3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyX_af6Rm3k[/video]

Last edited:
Heartbreaking watching that again. Great character from spurs to end up winning after having the player who pretty much singlehandedly got is to the final stretchered off.

On a lighter note, I was sat the row behind chas and Dave for that one, they signed my programme, legends!

Gary Charles who he fouled on the day definitely had his own demons later on in his career and in retirement as well..

In hindsight I've often wondered if it would've been better for Gazza to have been sent-off and not gone through that injury hell…thing is, we might well not have won the cup!

Yep, the voices in his head ****ed him over.

Mate get the DVD for Christmas, it's was an intriguing cup final. Gazza could have been off after 5 mins for a chest high tackle on Garry Parker, then 5 mins later he goes knee high on Gary Charles and does his cruciate ligament. I'm afraid to say he lost it that day. Still a hero though obviously.

One odd highlight for me in this game was Sedgley calling Keane a w*nker :lol:

I can't stand any talk of "the good old days", because they are a myth - things are always the same, just arranged differently from era to era.

But I have to say that FA Cup Final day at the old Wembley stadium is something unlike anything we have today, and it's not really possible to describe to younger posters just how thrilling it was, whoever was playing. And no stadium has ever seemed quite as epic in my imagination as the old Wembley.

I was there in 1991, leaving Wembley I would have never believed that in 2023 that would still have been our last FA Cup win.

He really is an unbelievable character. Gazza welcoming Ginola to Everton back in 2002 still make me laugh so many years on.

Loved that! Thanks! Gazza is one of my all time favorites, and probably one of the reasons I fell for Spurs in the first place. Absolute legend!

Back