• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T - Three Sided Football

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Three-sided football: A game of alliance and betrayal

It seems like a typical Sunday afternoon game of football, but there's a big difference - there are three teams on the pitch.

Deptford 3S Football Club is playing Philosophy Football FC and Strategic Optimists FC, at the same time.

This is the complex and curious game of three-sided football, an invention of Danish Situationist philosopher and artist Asger Jorn.

Played on a hexagonal pitch, the rules are similar to normal football, but it is the team that concedes the fewest goals, rather than scores the most, that wins.

This leads to all sorts of tactical subtleties, as BBC News discovered at a match in New Cross in London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25852634

--

Looks like fun :lol:

If there were was a Cup competition you just know we would draw Man United and Arsenal at Old Trafford, while Chelsea get Southend and Gillingham at home!!

If there were was a Cup competition you just know we would draw Man United and Arsenal at Old Trafford, while Chelsea get Southend and Gillingham at home!!

:lol:

Emirates Marketing Project could probably field three competitive teams.

Played something similar in training for a few teams when I was a kid. Started with three teams one ball then introduced 2 balls. Was meant to improve awareness etc, it was a bit mental to be fair.

Played something similar in training for a few teams when I was a kid. Started with three teams one ball then introduced 2 balls. Was meant to improve awareness etc, it was a bit mental to be fair.

hey! any more mental than kicking around a ball for 100k a week? :lol:

Yeah - we do similar things with training.

- Or four goals round the pitch.

- Or one team scores in either end while the others have more players and have to dribble through cones on the touchline (transition vs possession).

- Or one goal in the middle of the pitch that you can score either way through.

It's all good for working the minds as well as the feet.

Three-sided football: A game of alliance and betrayal

It seems like a typical Sunday afternoon game of football, but there's a big difference - there are three teams on the pitch.

Deptford 3S Football Club is playing Philosophy Football FC and Strategic Optimists FC, at the same time.

This is the complex and curious game of three-sided football, an invention of Danish Situationist philosopher and artist Asger Jorn.

Played on a hexagonal pitch, the rules are similar to normal football, but it is the team that concedes the fewest goals, rather than scores the most, that wins.

This leads to all sorts of tactical subtleties, as BBC News discovered at a match in New Cross in London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25852634

--

Looks like fun :lol:

Horrible idea.

Looks like fun! :)

A few friends of mine and I sometimes play Fifa 10 with a different set of rules - the team that is leading when the game is abandoned due to the amount of red cards (one team has to get 5) win. 25 or 20 minutes halves. You're not allowed to swap player positions on the pitch, so if one of your CB's gets sent off, you can't replace him with say a striker. Leads to all kinds of strange tactics and really exciting games. :)

Back