• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T sort of.

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I was at Falmer yesterday with a mate who is a brighton fan they opened up a lounge in the ground for brighton fans who could not get tickets for the game at palace. Despite the fact they lost and an old boy scored against them it was a lovely atmosphere and it got me to wondering do we do similar for away derby games?

Would like going up to the lane for a chelsea or arsenal game if i could sit inside in the warm with a bit of food put on as well. I seem to remember we did something like this years ago but you were sat out in the cold watching the game on the jumbo screen. I like comfy cheers and carpet under my feet.

I was at Falmer yesterday with a mate who is a brighton fan they opened up a lounge in the ground for brighton fans who could not get tickets for the game at palace. Despite the fact they lost and an old boy scored against them it was a lovely atmosphere and it got me to wondering do we do similar for away derby games?

Would like going up to the lane for a chelsea or arsenal game if i could sit inside in the warm with a bit of food put on as well. I seem to remember we did something like this years ago but you were sat out in the cold watching the game on the jumbo screen. I like comfy cheers and carpet under my feet.[/QUOTE

Warm and comfy?!
I guess by o/t , you mean old Trafford :)

I used to go to the Lane in the late 90's to watch away games on the jumbotron. It used to cost a fiver and they'd open either the Paxton or park lane end. I think it was for away matches that weren't on tv and had sold out the away allocation. I remember going when we done Wimbledon 6-2 to effectively stay up in 1998 when Klinsmann hit four goals and about 1000 of us going fudging mental!!

Its a great idea in principle. But as its more a business now than a football club. It's probably a cost exercise thing and whether they would make enough money from opening up the ground.
I would say the fanbase is even more widespread now that it was 10/20 years ago, and its whether they would get enough people in the ground to substantiate doing it.
Also, the growth of internet and the accessibilty of live streams would make a lot of people less likely to travel to WHL. Granted watching the jumbotron alongside a few thousand fellow fans is better than listening to Tony Gale on a laptop.

Back