• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New PS3 Super-Duper Slim

Southstand, I generally stream on to my TV by unplugging the PS3 HDMI cable and plugging it into my laptop.. Is this Serviio thing an improvement on this method? Does it simply mean I can just relax on the sofa and not have to get up.. if so I'm sold lol?

My HDMI cables are all hidden away in a cabinet, so there's no clutter

I also watch films anywhere in my house on the Nexus, so streaming is useful

Is there a considerale lag if you run Serviio to PS3 via your Wi-Fi instead of Ethernet?

Good question

If I use WiFi I don't get a lag when it's PC >>> Nexus

However, if I use WiFi I do get a lag when it's PC >>> PS3

When I wired the PS3, the lag disappeared

got serviio up and running - tried to watch a downloaded movie and half way through a message came up about copyrighting or something and refused to play audio, any ideas of a work around ? file plays fine on my pc

also - if i wanted to do a similar thing but with my laptop and pc (using video content/music from my pc on my laptop) what's the best way of doing this ?

got serviio up and running - tried to watch a downloaded movie and half way through a message came up about copyrighting or something and refused to play audio, any ideas of a work around ? file plays fine on my pc

also - if i wanted to do a similar thing but with my laptop and pc (using video content/music from my pc on my laptop) what's the best way of doing this ?

Sounds like that Cinavia copyright brick

If you want to keep watching:

- Pause Film
- Go to settings
- Put the time 1 hour back
- Carry on watching film

Wifi is only usable for anything less than 720p, some 720p files will work but must 1080p and the majority of 720p will cause stutter and buffering.

Back