• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Midfield link - who's the man we need?

He's not ready yet. I like him, but he needs to understudy someone for a year or two.

I suppose there's still Claise. But otherwise I'm not sure who else there is who fits the bill, would be an upgrade and is obtainable.

Isn't Kovacic, Verratti and Lars Bender at all possible? They would surely rather play for Spurs except maybe Verratti
id rather stick with Bentaleb that spend money on Clasie.

He's still a bit raw. Would be nice to have a similar, but better, player for Bentelab to learn from.

I don't expect Bentelab to play much when dembele, Sandro and paulinho are back in the picture for the squad. Which is a shame as we need that creative spark, that link between defence and offence.

I think my idea of what a CM should be has been ruined by Modric, he is an exceptional talent and I've not quite readjusted to realistic expectations yet.

I compare EVERY midfielder to Modric and will continue to do so until I stop watching football. I call these type of players (Veron, Pires, Modric, Iniesta, Pierre Hojbjerg) the 'one man triangle', always steps ahead of everybody else. I can watch them play for 90 minutes non stop.
Schneiderlin has those qualities. Not to the same level but he is the next best thing excluding players at big clubs.

Hes not as cohesive as Modric (nobody is) but will break up play more and score more.

We need him

Last edited:
He's not ready yet. I like him, but he needs to understudy someone for a year or two.

I suppose there's still Claise. But otherwise I'm not sure who else there is who fits the bill, would be an upgrade and is obtainable.

Well maybe there are other players out there that you do not know of?

Isn't Kovacic, Verratti and Lars Bender at all possible? They would surely rather play for Spurs except maybe Verratti
id rather stick with Bentaleb that spend money on Clasie.

Not sure that Kovacic at 20 is ready for that role in the Premier League?

Little to no chance on Verratti unless someone at PSG has a brain aneurism.

How much of a playmaker type is Lars Bender? Last I saw him he looked more of a defensive midfielder to me, but it's been a while.

Well maybe there are other players out there that you do not know of?

Surely that's at least implied in "I'm not sure who else there is"?

I compare EVERY midfielder to Modric and will continue to do so until I stop watching football. I call these type of players (Veron, Pires, Modric, Iniesta, Pierre Hojbjerg) the 'one man triangle', always steps ahead of everybody else. I can watch them play for 90 minutes non stop.
Schneiderlin has those qualities. Not to the same level but he is the next best thing excluding players at big clubs.

Hes not as cohesive as Modric (nobody is) but will break up play more and score more.

We need him

In that case why is Levy ***** footing around with 17 mill bids! Either make them a decent offer (compared to the prices they have sold other players) or just move on

In that case why is Levy ***** footing around with 17 mill bids! Either make them a decent offer (compared to the prices they have sold other players) or just move on

We don't actually have a clue what Spurs might have offered - or even if they've yet made an offer!

today's 4-0 win against qpr demonstrates that we need a proper system of play more than a player who can dictate all the passes.

today's 4-0 win against qpr demonstrates that we need a proper system of play more than a player who can dictate all the passes.

48 passes in the build-up to the third goal.
Requires/required a team devoted to a system and style, not one player controlling the movement of the ball

Back