• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Man Utd ratings.

You mean like he did when he started the move that lead to our second goal with an excellent pass?

Not sure about their goal, most of the time I think Dawson tracks that run better, but he seemed to lose his balance after the slight coming together between him and Welbeck. Not sure if Chiriches can be blamed as Dawson was the one tracking Welbeck and Welbeck came in behind Vlad's back. Don't think he can be expected to deal with that unless there's a clear shout from Dawson behind him.

Dawson was about 3 metres behind Vlad and Wellbeck went from the front to the back of Vlad in a very quick move. It was his fault quite clearly IMO but i dont care as he had a good game.

There were however several times when he should have cleared the lines rather than trying to play some neat one twos. I really like him and think he ha sheen our best signing but he is still naive in this league and is learning. We have to allow to hime to do that an drake mistakes along the way

I missed the Kane thing - was it that he was offside but because he hadn't been blown up yet he could kick the ball away just before the ref blew?

I missed the Kane thing - was it that he was offside but because he hadn't been blown up yet he could kick the ball away just before the ref blew?

Yes, he literally kicked the ball into the crowd as the Ref blew the whistle. He then went on to spit on himself.

Yes, that was it. Offside, then rather than let the ball run through to De Gea, he booted it into the crowd. Then he lost his aura of cool and spat down his own chest. :lol:

Dawson was about 3 metres behind Vlad and Wellbeck went from the front to the back of Vlad in a very quick move. It was his fault quite clearly IMO but i dont care as he had a good game.

There were however several times when he should have cleared the lines rather than trying to play some neat one twos. I really like him and think he ha sheen our best signing but he is still naive in this league and is learning. We have to allow to hime to do that an drake mistakes along the way

I remember him losing one ball needlessly otherwise his decisions looked good to me. There's always a risk that you have to accept when players try to get out of tight spaces at the back, but the reward can be massive.

Despite playing a lot less risky I thought Dawson gave the ball away more than Chiriches actually.

Lloris 7 - strange mix of the heroic (string of fine saves and stops) and the crass (dreadful distribution and lucky not to concede a pen against Young) but thankfully the heroics won out
Walker 7 - another solid display, brilliant to know that nowadays he's more than a match for most opponents
Dawson 7 - the sheer number of critical interceptions he made more than compensated for some downright woeful quality on the ball
Chiriches 8 - a few early wobbles but grew into the game to emerge a MotM contender
Rose 7 - that he is still coming back from injury showed, struggled against Valencia but stuck at it valiantly
Lennon 8 - hardly knew he was on the pitch early on, but after that fluffed chance when put superbly through by Soldado became a constant thorn to United's defence as well as helping out at the back. Excellent assist for Eriksen's goal
Capoue 7 - another slow start with several misplaced passes but improved as the game went on
Dembele 7 - so strong on the ball - as usual
Eriksen 8 - harassing and chasing is hardly his game but you'd never have known it today. Quality distribution plus a surprisingly brave, well-taken goal.
Adebayor 8 - Spurs MotM for me, excellent goal, got in their faces, kept possession and provided that vital link between midfield and attack we so sorely missed under AVB
Soldado 7 - still hasn't found his shooting boots but added real quality all-round to our attacks

Subs

Bentaleb 7 - totally anchors midfield, tidying things up and spraying intelligent balls around - he's our new Carrick
Chadli 6 - played his part
Kane 7 - did well

Sherwood 9 - got the whole team playing as a team and believing in themselves, also showed real courage bringing on Bentaleb and Kane at OT of all places

Good ratings and comments. Just some additional emphasis from me:

1. Really getting ****ed off with Lloris' kicking. He should just pass it to a defender midfielder at every opportunity. His distribution was woeful and led to us giving away possession much more than necessary.

2. Ade started the game as the Mk2 version. Sloppy, poor control, not closing down, lazy offside. From the goal onwards, he was the Mk 1 Ade, with Red Bull. Brilliant display, but needs to start the game more like he wants it in future.

3. Eriksen was the MOM for me. Great cross for the assist and brave header for his goal. Small glimmers of Modic- esque qualities, only in a more advanced position and therefore with greater tangible results.. If he continues to improve like this under Sherwood, he really will be some player for us.

1. Really getting ****ed off with Lloris' kicking. He should just pass it to a defender midfielder at every opportunity. His distribution was woeful and led to us giving away possession much more than necessary.

2. Ade started the game as the Mk2 version. Sloppy, poor control, not closing down, lazy offside. From the goal onwards, he was the Mk 1 Ade, with Red Bull. Brilliant display, but needs to start the game more like he wants it in future.

3. Eriksen was the MOM for me. Great cross for the assist and brave header for his goal. Small glimmers of Modic- esque qualities, only in a more advanced position and therefore with greater tangible results.. If he continues to improve like this under Sherwood, he really will be some player for us.

I think you're being very harsh on Ade. I remember him tracking back into our third early on, he might not have been closing down high up the pitch, but that could just as well have been a tactical choice. Sometimes poor control is just poor control, doesn't mean the player doesn't want it.

The problem for our goalkeeper remains the options available to him. Our back 4 and deep midfielders have to make themselves available for that early pass out.

Honest?? We have f****** won at Old Trafford! With an injury depleted team!! Against a Manure team that did not play badly, indeed played very well!!! And we won against the current champions!!!!

And you think that you can do that with 6's performances???

What do injuries have to do with rating an individual's performance on the pitch? Strange. Even Tim admitted that we did not play as well as we could. I base my ratings over the whole 90 mins and I dont think we had a player on the pitch who played a top notch game from go to wo. Lennon played well in the first half, but faded, Ade played well, but went off, even Vlad was shakey at the start, but got better as the game went on. BTW we have won plenty of games, where five players have played average games. It happens...oh okay I'll give them all 10's then...happy now? \o/

Last edited:
The problem for our goalkeeper remains the options available to him. Our back 4 and deep midfielders have to make themselves available for that early pass out.

^^^ This, I watched Lloris closely re his attempted distribution yesterday, many times his initial look was to throw/roll out the ball but no one was available (or not under pressure by United players), so he resorted to kicking it.

I think you're being very harsh on Ade. I remember him tracking back into our third early on, he might not have been closing down high up the pitch, but that could just as well have been a tactical choice. Sometimes poor control is just poor control, doesn't mean the player doesn't want it.

Re. Lloris I agree. But Gomes found the solution to his ****e kicking, by his long throw outs if I remember correctly. A solution needs to be found to this problem one way or another, and quickly.

Re Ade. If you go back and look at the early comments on the OMT, I think you will see that quite a few agree with me! But maybe a tad harsh but I still rated him an 8 overall.

Last edited:
If you go back and look at the early comments on the OMT

My river died after 25 minutes. We were being absolutely battered, United were all over us and getting in at will. We were hanging on and unable to push out of our defensive third.

I gave up and listened on the radio, but Alan Green only ever talked about United players and random stuff, he hardly ever mentioned a Spurs player... so I am pleased and amazed to hear how well we did as it looked like we would get done 5-0 from the early part of the game.

Thankfully when Lloris sat on the ball it squiggled wide rather than going in (from Smalling's shot when he ran straight through our left back slot unguarded)

^^^ This, I watched Lloris closely re his attempted distribution yesterday, many times his initial look was to throw/roll out the ball but no one was available (or not under pressure by United players), so he resorted to kicking it.

His kicking is too bad for words. We must make simpler options available to him.

From re-watching a recording today, as Pirate and others said, the frequency of Ade's poor touch early on was inescapable. However, much of it arose out of his real hunger for the ball. In any case it was right in the middle of this patchy spell that he also contributed significantly to our first decent attack, driving towards the box before supplying the pass to Soldado that led to Lennon being put clean through on goal.

\o/

From re-watching a recording today, as Pirate and others said, the frequency of Ade's poor touch early on was inescapable. However, much of it arose out of his real hunger for the ball. In any case it was right in the middle of this patchy spell that he also contributed significantly to our first decent attack, driving towards the box before supplying the pass to Soldado that led to Lennon being put clean through on goal.

That's just the thing.

Ade can't have a poor 10 minute spell with a couple of bad touches without people claiming that "it's Ade MK2", or "he doesn't care" or "he's not trying". We see poor spells literally from every player in our squad and very rarely is this put down to a lack of motivation. This has become the go to explanation for anything Ade does that isn't up to scratch though.

That's just the thing.

Ade can't have a poor 10 minute spell with a couple of bad touches without people claiming that "it's Ade MK2", or "he doesn't care" or "he's not trying". We see poor spells literally from every player in our squad and very rarely is this put down to a lack of motivation. This has become the go to explanation for anything Ade does that isn't up to scratch though.

Maybe because whatever it was he did to anger AVB, the fans are understandably finding it hard to forgive. Just think where we might be now it hadn't been for their falling out. Levy should have banged their heads together from the off.

Maybe because whatever it was he did to anger AVB, the fans are understandably finding it hard to forgive. Just think where we might be now it hadn't been for their falling out. Levy should have banged their heads together from the off.

I'm not saying there aren't reasons why people do it, I'm just saying that it's being done almost exclusively for Ade and when he's performing like he is at the moment it seems uncalled for.

Not getting into a AVB or Levy discussion in the ratings thread ;)

Back