• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football's Greatest - Brazil 82

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
On Sky now, my fav ever footie team

Zico, Eder, Socrates, Junior, Falcao to name but a few, I loved watching this team play

I must admit I cried my eyes out as a 9 year old when they lost to Italy at Spain 82

Zico, Eder, Socrates, Junior, Falcao to name but a few, I loved watching this team play

I must admit I cried my eyes out as a 9 year old when they lost to Italy at Spain 82

I was 9 and loved a Brazil team but in my case it was the 2002 team.

Lucio, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo, Ronaldinhio and the real Rolando.

Same here, remember being amazed that they came back from 1 down to beat Russia(I think). Was convinced for a few years that the last Italian goal was offside, wasn't even close! Loved Zico, coolest footballer ever at the time. What would he be worth now??

Slightly before my time but Zico and Socrates were so dapper it is untrue. Up there with the Dutch team of '74 as one of the best teams never to fulfil their potential.

First Brazil side I really remember is inbetween the two mentioned above, the one from USA 1994. Ronaldo making his tournament debut with Romario and Bebeto irresistable up front, Rai and Dunga in the midfield, Leonardo playing wide and Cafu, Branco, Jorginho, Aldair at the back with Taffarel between the sticks.

Wasn't the most beautiful of Brazil sides but those two up front were just sensational during that tournament and certainly Cafu went on to become one of the best ever players in his position.

I was 2, before my time, yet Tardelli's goal in the final is my favourite ever WC moment. I've watched all the games and read all the stories, for me there is something wonderful about Italy winning that WC.

I was 2, before my time, yet Tardelli's goal in the final is my favourite ever WC moment. I've watched all the games and read all the stories, for me there is something wonderful about Italy winning that WC.

Or Corrupt.......as the case maybe given Rossi's background and subsequent Italian scandals ;)

I would say aside from Brazil, France would have been worthy winners of that tournament tbh.

But in terms of favourite ever World Cup moment.......Bergkamp's goal in the QF against Argentina in 1998 in the last minute......what a way to win a match of that importance! Either that or Zanetti's goal against England in the previous round when he slid down the back of the wall and received the ball from Veron I think? (Who was actually immense that whole tournament). What a finish for that one too!

obviously there were domestic issues but i've never read or heard anything to suggest that this was anything more than the Italian squad pulling together

obviously there were domestic issues but i've never read or heard anything to suggest that this was anything more than the Italian squad pulling together

Just jesting fella!

I guess it was kinda football romantic given his suspension had only just ended and then he goes and top scores in the tournament and wins them the trophy.

Epitome of cool.

article-2069755-0F0BE8BA00000578-480_306x341.jpg

Agreed. A sublime side, sublime…y'know, with Hoddle, Ardiles, Galvin, Villa, Archie, Crooks, Falco, Hughton, etc, we played some spectacular stuff that could also have been comparable at times...

What a game that was, my favourite ever. I just happened to be off work that day (!) and caught it live. I still like to dream of Eder in the 82 Spurs team, but they were all brilliant. Still can't believe they lost that game, but you've got to give credit to Rossi, I suppose.

Thirty two years ago. Sh!t.

Last edited:
I was also 11 in 1982 and that Brazilian side defined for me how ffootball should be played.

Eder was my hero and my favourite moment was them stuffing the jocks.

Back