• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Facebook arrest

What about sexually explicit jokes about five year old girls? That presumably has a target audience. The poor bloke was taken out of context

I've seen many people post the 'What the difference between Maddie Mcann and the Pope' joke on facebook. Regardless of offense caused, it should not be a criminal matter.

There needs to be a clear difference between this and harassment. If someone was regaurly targeting an individual and causing distress that is a separate matter, but just posting something online that causes offense to people who read it shouldn't be criminal. If you don't like it, remove/block that person, it's not hard.

Not seen the joke so can't really comment but the amount of racist posts that appear on facebook and the people posting them genuinely believe in what they are saying and no one bats an eyelid or worse they even "like" the posts. Yet it's people posting jokes that are getting in trouble. The problem with facebook/twitter is that it gives even the biggest of idiots an opinion for the world to see. I can't stand grief tourists either but that's a different matter.

Not seen the joke so can't really comment but the amount of racist posts that appear on facebook and the people posting them genuinely believe in what they are saying and no one bats an eyelid or worse they even "like" the posts. Yet it's people posting jokes that are getting in trouble. The problem with facebook/twitter is that it gives even the biggest of idiots an opinion for the world to see. I can't stand grief tourists either but that's a different matter.

I've never had Facebook always thought against it always had an opinion about it without ever being on it eventually decided to have a look what it's all about my mrs showed me what its about. I was horrified looking down the timeline the sort of things people were writing especially as they were people I know and they would never ever talk like that down the pub or in a normall conversation. Just seemed everyone was attention seeking spouting utter gonad*s just to get sympathy/attention. Not for me needless to say didn't sign up.

I've seen many people post the 'What the difference between Maddie Mcann and the Pope' joke on facebook. Regardless of offense caused, it should not be a criminal matter.

There needs to be a clear difference between this and harassment. If someone was regaurly targeting an individual and causing distress that is a separate matter, but just posting something online that causes offense to people who read it shouldn't be criminal. If you don't like it, remove/block that person, it's not hard.

Perhaps you partially answered your own question. People posting the McCann and Pope joke were not prosecuted, so there was something extra with this guy. He posted something sexually explicit about April Jones (and Maddie McCann) and I suspect that is the difference. Its hard to assess, though, as the things he posted are not reported in the mainstream press and I have no desire to search the internet for details.

Agree on the harassment distinction.

Back