• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton questionnaire for Loveeverton.proboards.com

LoveEvertonForum

Alton Thelwell
loveevertonvintagelogo1_zps0acb7ac5.jpg

Firstly, thanks for accepting my registration, and regardless of our game, may I take this opportunity to wish you good luck for the rest of the season.

I am admin of a very small Everton forum called 'Love Everton' that has been open just a few weeks, and I'd like to help the forum grow by introducing it to each set of fans every week, by way of a friendly questionnaire, which any answers you are kind enough to respond with will be merged with our matchday thread for our members to read.

This is our forum www.loveeverton.proboards.com and a direct link to the match thread (registration would be appreciated) http://loveeverton.proboards.com/thread/137/totenham-hotspurs-everton-april-2013

Special thanks to your own member thfc6061 for his contribution to the thread with a great history presentation.

1: How would you compare being managed by Villas-Boas to Redknapp ?

2: What do you think were the main contributing factors to Spurs' ability to challenge the top 4 places ?

3: How do you rate the strength of the Premier League this season ?

4: Who do you respect most as a team ?

5: Who is your stand out player this season ?

6: How do you rate David Moyes ?

7: How do you rate Everton FC ?

8: Your prediction for Sunday's scoreline ?

I've created a 'glory-glory' button for the bottom of our site, in our affiliates gallery. Hopefully our members will eventually visit your site as a result.

Thanks once again, and I'll check back throughout the week to collect any answers.

Much obliged.

Love Everton

www.loveeverton.proboards.com

Looks like you've been beaten to it ;)

www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?4044-Talking-to-the-Opposition

Also, please ignore my avatar. I'm currently waiting for a new cable modem for my desktop computer, at which point I'll upload something more appropriate.

Ha ha, I had to put my glasses on to read what your avatar says. [-X

The other questionnaire appears to be from a totally different forum, (one of the bigger riff raff type lol ) so if you'd be kind enough to treat mine separately that would be great.

Incidentally, I can't access my profile due to privileges, so you'll have to imagine how wonderful 'my' avatar would have been. :-"

Will pop back.

Have a great week.

two managers with quite different approaches to management - for me Redknapp was about getting the best XI happy and motivated and playing to their strengths - i think where he came up short was when circumstances required a little bit of ingenuity or little bit of quick tactical thinking he more often than not drew a blank. Villa Boas to me, although it's early, seems to have been appointed precisely because he is stronger in the areas in which Redknapp fell short - he has a plan 'b' he prepares his team and often picks his team based on what the opponents will offer - it hasn't been a smooth and bump free ride though it must be said and he seems like he is very much still learning as he goes (considering his age that's hardly surprising) but as the season has worn on and he becomes accustomed to the players at his disposal things have gone from strength to strength

2: What do you think were the main contributing factors to Spurs' ability to challenge the top 4 places?

do you mean over the past 4/5 seasons or so? if so the answer is pretty simple (for me anyway), our chairman Daniel Levy - you'd do well to find a club that has maximized it's potential like we have under him, we are one of the top European clubs in the financial leagues and the only one which doesn't have regular Champions League football revenue to boost the coffers and as we all know money matters more than anything nowadays - we've built a squad which costs 50 million a year less in wages than our closest rivals in the league yet find ourselves on the brink of pushing past them (not this season though i doubt). i think we have also been playing the transfer market rather smartly - young players with potential with the odd experienced head thrown in on the cheap for good measure - with good scouting and over a decent amount of time it is a strategy which will bring rewards. Carrick, Berbatov and Modric have all left when they were the 'star' of our team and each time a new player has stepped in to fill the space the left - the trick is to get several of these 'stars' in the same side at one time so we can push beyond simply qualifying for the CL and make a genuine attempt a little higher - next season may well be that year if Bale stays . . .

im tempted to say poor, compared to recent times - but it's not particularly something i could rationalize one way or the other really.

Swansea at the minute i guess, have risen through the leagues playing attractive football all with a fair financial backing.

for us ? I'll give you one guess...
the league? Suarez, has been fantastic really - has carried Liverpool at times. shame he's so unlikable though

solid manager who has done really well with Everton considering the well documented financial restrictions he works under. it's a shame after such a long time he hasn't managed to build more of a footballing side - no offense intended but i do find Everton rather workmanlike and uninspiring at times.

you know, it's always bugged me why Everton never have any money - you're traditionally one of the biggest clubs in the country with a fan base to suit - you really should be in a position to make genuine attempts at breaking the top four rather than being seen as 'plucky old Everton' taking on (but always falling short of ) the bigger clubs, with little resources. i guess maybe you could say you're a bit 'unfashionable' or 'old school' - think you could do with a Levy type chairman who would bring you in to the modern times and make the most of your potential

2-1 home win

Last edited:
OK, been through this already, but admire anyone who takes the time to start up a website so happy to oblige.

1: How would you compare being managed by Villas-Boas to Redknapp?

AVB is more professional and represents the club in a better light, he also takes a longer term view. Redknapp was too much of a media fluffy bunnies cuddling, although he's a highly capable manager and he did a good job for us and deserves respect for that.

2: What do you think were the main contributing factors to Spurs' ability to challenge the top 4 places?

A clearly defined long term strategy by Daniel Levy. Good managerial appointments, and decisive action in sacking them when things were clearly not working out, or it was in the club's best interests to do so. Sugar never understood even the game of football, let alone the business of it.

3: How do you rate the strength of the Premier League this season?

Poor in comparison with previous years, but I believe it to be more a blip and will improve next year. Would help to not have anti-football teams like Stoke and West Ham in the league, so hopefully they'll go down some time soon or change their footballing philosophy.

4: Who do you respect most as a team?

Arsenal, as much as it pains me to say. The club is despicable and should be deported back to South of the river. But they've done what they've done without a Sugar Daddy and set a blue print that Daniel Levy has been wise to follow.

5: Who is your stand out player this season?

I'm sure you know this already.

6: How do you rate David Moyes?

7: How do you rate Everton FC?

I'll answer both questions together. I think there's a bit of a Charlton-Curbishley thing going on - on a grander stage though. There's a glass ceiling issue and a debate what the cause is - Who's more frustrated? Everton fans because Moyes has taken them so far but can't go further? Or Moyes because Everton can never allow him to fulfil his potential? When a parting of the waves eventually comes, they might well both disappear into oblivion - as happened with Charlton and Curbishley. On a lesser scale though of course.

Everton is one of the great clubs of English football but stuck in a rut. Not sure what the answer is. With regards to your ground, I love the Archibald Leitch parts of Goodison Park - the modern additions are horrific though. That great big wonky, pole infested stand must be the ugliest in world football.

8: Your prediction for Sunday's scoreline?

2-1 to Spurs

loveevertonvintagelogo1_zps0acb7ac5.jpg

Firstly, thanks for accepting my registration, and regardless of our game, may I take this opportunity to wish you good luck for the rest of the season.

I am admin of a very small Everton forum called 'Love Everton' that has been open just a few weeks, and I'd like to help the forum grow by introducing it to each set of fans every week, by way of a friendly questionnaire, which any answers you are kind enough to respond with will be merged with our matchday thread for our members to read.

This is our forum www.loveeverton.proboards.com and a direct link to the match thread (registration would be appreciated) http://loveeverton.proboards.com/thread/137/totenham-hotspurs-everton-april-2013

Special thanks to your own member thfc6061 for his contribution to the thread with a great history presentation.

Well, I'm sensing a lot more general optimism at the club. A friend of mine is now on the backroom staff and he says he is a "top bloke". This comes across in the interviews, his honesty and eagerness to praise the coaching staff as a whole, rather than take the praise himself.

Harry on the other hand, he was fun to have around but seemed to have run out of ideas by the end. You got the feeling he was willing to try and fool anyone, the opposition, his own players, chairman, fans.

But I'm appreciative of what Harry did for the club, I like to think he will always be welcomed back (and he cant say that about all of his ex-employers ;) ) and maybe our belief in AVB is just the honeymoon period. But like you did with Moyes 10 years ago, we hope we have someone here young and ready for a project.

2: What do you think were the main contributing factors to Spurs' ability to challenge the top 4 places ?
Consistency in getting points in away matches. We've always been "southern softies" on the road, and had spells where we struggled in derby matches. But over the last five years or so we have managed to go to places like Sunderland and get points.

Undoubtedly weaker. The fact that an average Man United side - that is, an average side for the quality that Man U have put out over the years - are running away with the title says it all. City have underachieved, I think they have basically been found out and not freshened up their squad.

But what's relevant to us and you is the fact that the other top 4 clubs, the teams who year in year out seal up those places - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool - have found themselves outclassed by Manchester and are now dragged into a fight to finish top 6.

Indeed, to say it is weaker is maybe not a fair perception as I would say West Brom, Swansea, Stoke have all closed the gap on the above top 7 clubs and the division itself is actually exceptionally competitive on a position to position basis. In past years you have a distinct title race between two or three sides, a Champions League race between two sides and a relegation battle between 4 sides at this stage in the season. This year the boundaries are much more blurred.

You want us to say Everton don't you? ;)
And yes, you have to appreciate what the club have done there to go from the mediocrity of ten years ago to being a team that can challenge for a CL spot. Indeed, this year you have shown what you could do when the squad is nearer full strength.

However, I think West Brom as a club have done amazingly well to move on from being a yo-yo club, and I love the spirit of the fans. Swansea as well could be going places, on a tighter budget.

Gareth Bale

Superb coach. But I think Everton is the perfect fit for him and don't think he should be moving on to Man U, for example. Would hate to see him be a modern day casualty within 6 months.

See above. I have to say I've not really been a fan, growing up in the 80s there was something about the club rightly or wrongly that gave me a negative vibe. But I think Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa even Emirates Marketing Project share a certain flavour as Spurs in terms of history and where we are now. By and large, I'd say most of our fanbase is similar.

0-0 half time, 0-1 full time :(

I've created a 'glory-glory' button for the bottom of our site, in our affiliates gallery. Hopefully our members will eventually visit your site as a result.

Thanks once again, and I'll check back throughout the week to collect any answers.

Much obliged.

Love Everton

www.loveeverton.proboards.com

All the worst for Sunday, but after that good luck for the season. REALLY hope you finish above the pool again, and a top 4 finish with us would also hold a certain appeal I must say :)

Say I filled my fridge with enough food to last me two weeks. The first week I'd be eating the best tasting dishes you can imagine. Should something not be that good it's the ingredients fault really. They're all good on their own, how could it possibly be my fault if using them together doesn't work? Using recipes with funny words in them, who does that anyway? I just put them in a pan and tell them to fudging simmer about.

Eventually I'd start to run out of some things though. I've eaten all the meat as I didn't think to portion it out to make sure it lasted and some stuff I'll have to throw away because I didn't use it when it was fresh and now it's gone bad. I had a good run though, some good meals, some not so good ones, but in the end I just don't have the finances to consistently eat well. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to buy so much stuff that was about to expire and maybe I didn't really need some of it, but it was worth a punt.

I'm not going all out any longer, but instead try to make it a balanced diet. Try to pick flavors that work together and make sure I get the most value I can from the stuff I have. Stick to the basics and add that little extra when I can. By no means perfect yet, but it's moving in the right direction.

Daniel Levy

Most teams have been getting more and more defensive minded. It's all about surviving, which makes for a lot of boring matches. It's still unpredictable, but the number of teams involved in the relegation fight isn't a good thing IMO. Where's the mid table gone? Swansea, West Brom and Liverpool, everyone else is either fighting against relegation or trying to get into the Champions League. United are an efficient machine, but City and Chelsea are being held back by poor management really.

As a team: Swansea, Southampton, West Brom

As a club: Everton and Wigan for sticking with their managers through rough patches among other things.

Mata, Michu, Bale

Effort, commitment, tenacity and all those things. Overall he gets you results slightly above what you could realistically expect, but struggles to take it to the next level. Picks up some real bargains, but some of his big money buys have been real wastes of money. He should probably have won something by now and he REALLY needs to deliver a trashing to Liverpool soon.

I don't quite understand how your finances can be THAT poor, but I'm guessing you overpay on wages to a few of your more senior players. Good to see a club live more or less within their means and don't keep sacking their manager every two years in order to go nowhere.

8: Your prediction for Sunday's scoreline

Our season is over again, but I'll spring for 2-2

Death to to the red brick (not literally, or maybe ...)

Thanks lads.

Cheers for having me on the forum, and hope it's a good game.

Disappointed for you regarding the injuries, but you have a strong squad, so you'll no doubt cope. If anything, it probably evens things up, as without Fellaini, Pienaar, and maybe Mirallas, we're missing a few bullets in our barrel ourselves.

All the best.

Back