• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Driving to the SW of France.

Notmegov

Roman Pavlyuchenko
Off to the south west of France on Thursday, taking the over night ferry to St Malo any body got any tips of dealing with 2 kids under the age of 4? Interesting places to visit? deep lakes etc etc?? oh and are the French police complete tossers to UK drivers?

Oh and wine wine wine tell me about wine from the Bergerac region please.

Awesome part of the world

Bordeaux is stunning

St Emillion is very family friendly

And then there's Arcachon!!

Amazing beaches, forests and huge sand dunes

That should keep you all very happy!

Where abouts you going? If you're anywhere near Sarlat can't recommend it enough especially on market day beautiful town if not bit busy

In a week I'm going to Agen, a place near Bordeaux to work on a music festival some people from my uni are putting on. You're more than welcome to pop along to that if you're still around! It's called LIPAstock.

We are staying just out side of Bergerac till the 1st of July.....what sort of music is it at this LIPAstock?

Sarlat looks great will maybe have a day out there but Arcachon is looking very interesting.

Thanks for all your reply's!! as for the wine???

Just checked and no we don't but it looks like its worth a couple of hours drive to check it out looks stunning.

christ just checked the route planner 4hrs!!!!!!!!! will have to think about it some....

Last edited:
4 hours is a little long to go out of your way i guess - would love to see it one day

Speaking to the organisers, it's €2 to get in to lipastock. Should be a good day, 23rd June starting at 17:00 and bands finishing at 03:00am. It's the first time they've put it on and seem to have plenty of funding and aren't in it for profit seemingly at 2 euros a ticket. Should be a good day out. Am Struggling to find information about the location but it's definitely in Agen, a nice little town an hour away from Bordeaux and Toulouse.

Oh and yes, almost all French people are c*nts

Lovely country though, so just ignore the arrogance and stupidity

Nonsense. Stay away from the cities and they're some of the friendliest and most helpful people around. I know this from experience after travelling through France down to the Med' on a motorbike a few years ago. Stayed off the motorways, avoided cities and done the back roads. Best holiday I've had.

Try and get to Carcassonne castle. A bit touristy inside, but a gorgeous building.

Back