• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dodgy Deals

Nexus1967

Noé Pamarot
Didn`t know whether I should post in the Liverpool thread or not, but here goes. It strikes me that Chelsea have done it again. If the press is to be believed it seemed that Liverpool were close to sealing a deal for Mohamed Salah from Basle, but Chelsea came in and have signed him. Similar to us when we tried to sign Willian. Now I will be surprised if Salah becomes a first team regular for Chelsea, sure he will play some games, but it would not surprise me if he is loaned out next season.

Is it just me or do you think that the clubs with massive spending power are deliberately buying players just to keep them out of the hands of their rivals. Not only buying players but loaning them out too. How many players have Chelsea out on loan? I`m not talking kids I mean internationals who would be first team regulars anywhere else. it gives teams like Chelsea a massive advantage in a season. Would Everton be having such a great season without key players such as Lukaku and Barry.Dont get me wrong Martinez is doing a great job and they are a good team but you see where I am going. Also Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project always snap up young players then they seem to stagnate as they are not getting many games. Take Sinclair to Emirates Marketing Project, I`m sure it is done just to have the English in the squad.

Thats just a couple of example I can think of off the top of my head but am sure there are many more. Can you see the likes of Luke Shaw and Ross Barclay being at their clubs next season?

I know teams can only name a certain amount of players in their squad and loaning out young players toother teams is part of their development, but i think the big clubs have a policy to keep certain player out of the hands of their rivals

You can't fault anyone for seeking a competitive advantage within the rules.

Limit the amount over over-21s loans to stop it by all means, but you can't blame Chelsea for being smart within the current parameters.

It's quite simple: You leak reports of interest in a player you can't afford, wait for Chelsea to swoop in and then get him on loan.

Didn`t know whether I should post in the Liverpool thread or not, but here goes. It strikes me that Chelsea have done it again. If the press is to be believed it seemed that Liverpool were close to sealing a deal for Mohamed Salah from Basle, but Chelsea came in and have signed him. Similar to us when we tried to sign Willian. Now I will be surprised if Salah becomes a first team regular for Chelsea, sure he will play some games, but it would not surprise me if he is loaned out next season.

There was some ITK on another club's board saying that Liverpool were messing Basel about with low-ball offers after the deal was agreed verbally. IF that is true they only have themselves to blame.

Lennon, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho..........do we need so many attackers??how many times have we gazumped Liverpool targets

there FFP allows for that but within limits
others counter arguments: depth, development, competition or even blatantly player trading

Any different to what we do? Whenever a reasonable bid comes in for a player his agent will start looking for bigger clubs or clubs that will pay better wages.

Swansea were planning to sign Sig, Liverpool reportedly had a bid in, we swooped in and made the deal. Similar for Dempsey who was close to a Liverpool deal.

Seeing how Willian has effectively ousted Mata from the starting 11 and now even the Chelsea squad, made himself an almost automatic starter in half a season and is playing really well for them I don't see how anyone at this point can claim that Chelsea signed him just to mess with us.

Is there any evidence that Lollerpool were anywhere down the track on this deal or is this not just the usual scouse paranoia/victimhood complex getting a big up from the media?

I've seen no evidence of him having had talks with Brent or having a medical for example.

Any different to what we do? Whenever a reasonable bid comes in for a player his agent will start looking for bigger clubs or clubs that will pay better wages.

Swansea were planning to sign Sig, Liverpool reportedly had a bid in, we swooped in and made the deal. Similar for Dempsey who was close to a Liverpool deal.

Seeing how Willian has effectively ousted Mata from the starting 11 and now even the Chelsea squad, made himself an almost automatic starter in half a season and is playing really well for them I don't see how anyone at this point can claim that Chelsea signed him just to mess with us.

You are of course right, I was having a bit of a rant when I posted but as mentioned above nothing wrong trying to give yourself an advantage as long as its within the rules

Back