• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best Spurs homegrown XI

90sSpursBook

Erik Edman
What would a Spurs all-time homegrown XI look like? It strikes me that we don't have very many. The only truly outstanding players I could list are:

Hoddle
Perryman
King
Campbell

would also include Hughton, Walker, Carr and Barmby but I''m struggling even to name many internationals after that? Sure Townsend, Bentaleb and Caulker may in a few years be regarded in this bracket and there'd be a case for listing Falco, Samways and Howells as good servants to the club during reasonably successful periods.

Were any of the 60s team home produced? From my knowledge most were bought.

How do we compare to others? Man Utd must be way out there with the class of 92 plus Law, Best, Charlton, Edwards etc and the Spammers with Moore, Hurst, Brooking, Rio, Joe Cole and so on.

Last edited:
What would a Spurs all-time homegrown XI look like? It strikes me that we don't have very many. The only truly outstanding players I could list are:

Hoddle
King
Campbell

would also include Hughton, Walker, Carr and Barmby but I''m struggling even to name many internationals after that? Sure Townsend, Bentaleb and Caulker may in a few years be regarded in this bracket and there'd be a case for listing Falco, Samways and Howells as good servants to the club during reasonably successful periods.

How do we compare to others? Man Utd must be way out there with the class of 92 plus Law, Best, Charlton, Edwards etc and the Spammers with Moore, Hurst, Brooking, Rio, Joe Cole and so on.

This team is a good shout: http://talksport.com/football/totte...n-xi-king-and-campbell-team-again-13101864498

Hoddle
Perryman
King
Campbell

Henry has already been mentioned but Peter Baker anchored at RB in the Double season. Frank Saul chalked up a fair few appearances mostly in the mid-60s and scored in the '67 Cup Final win against Chelsea, whilst towards the end of the decade we had 'Jimmy, Jimmy Neighbour, Jimmy Neighbour on the wing.'

Since then, some not so far mentioned who notched up a fair number of appearances include Jimmy Pearce, Micky Hazard, Stephen Clemence, Johnny Pratt, Chris Jones, Barry Daines, Keith Osgood, Paul Miller, Tony Parks, Ray Evans, Terry Naylor, Terry Gibson, Garry Brooke plus a few I'd prefer not to mention.

Hoddle
Perryman
King
Campbell

I know Perryman was a great servant to the club and a good player, but in terms of ability and general status I'd rate him behind Barmby, for sure, and maybe even Carr. Souness probably counts as a great, though not while he was with us.

Was Derek Posse one of ours, at the same time we had Keith Weller? We also had a period where we seemed to provide Norwich with most of their back four: Bowen, Culverhouse, Polston. None of them particularly brilliant, but better than we had in our own back four at the time.

How annoying was it to have a player of Hazard's ability at the same time we had Hoddle playing in Hazard's favoured role?

Last edited:
I know Perryman was a great servant to the club and a good player, but in terms of ability and general status I'd rate him behind Barmby, for sure, and maybe even Carr. Souness probably counts as a great, though not while he was with us.

Was Derek Posse one of ours, at the same time we had Keith Weller? We also had a period where we seemed to provide Norwich with most of their back four: Bowen, Culverhouse, Polston. None of them particularly brilliant, but better than we had in our own back four at the time.

How annoying was it to have a player of Hazard's ability at the same time we had Hoddle playing in Hazard's favoured role?

I remember one season when Hoddle missed about 3 months and Hazard had his role and we did just as well in terms of performance and results, I think Hazard just felt overshadowed by Hoddle and that stopped his career with us.

Back