• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benfica Away Informatiion

Dazza_London

Paul Mahorn
Hello Mortals

Been a while, hope everyone is still playing nicely

Thought I'd drop by and say howdy and see how many peeps are off to Lisbon?

Compared to some of the away games we've had recently this one, on a travelling front, is a peach. Loads of cheap flights available and dozens of decent hotels available. Managed to get return flights for £130 with Ryan Air and a 4 star hotel for less than £50/night

The ground itself is a fair way away from the Down Town area where most of the bars seem to be congregated but helpfully serviced by the local Metro line.

The major English & Irish Bars seem to be in old Down Town area by the sea

http://www.golisbon.com/night-life/bars.html

MAP OF LISBON BARS

So how many people are heading out for the game and what areas you staying in.

Would have loved to as Benfica away is a "proper" European away day. Sadly I will have to be elsewhere in the world for work. Gutted.

Lisbon is a brilliant city. Really friendly, with loads of good places to eat and drink.

Avenida Liberdade is the main street to stay imo. Fantastic place and the ground isn't that far on the Metro. Fantastic ground and well worth going if people can get time off work and the like. Wish I was able to find the time to go!

Hotel and flight booked today. Couldn't believe the amount of flights left at decent prices and seems like the city with the most amount of decent hotels to choose from. Certainly not the usual scrapping around for a journey and accommodation at reasonable times and prices. Even saw a hotel £29 for a triple room per night:eek:. Looks like a great city can't wait. And their new stadium is designed by Populous which should be interesting.

Went for a Thomas Cook job, not sure why as Heathrow must have the most expensive parking in the whole world but there we are, it comes with coach transfers included, so I'm going the old farts way! Should be a memorable couple of days.

Booked my flight whilst ****ed up last night...just noticed this morning the 5 hour stop over in Madrid, woops

Considering it but have work on the 19th and 21st so would have to be in and out of Portugal within a day.

Back