• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Back off and Back Up the Boys!!!

They're not but they shouldn't be mutually INCLUSIVE.

Do you argue for the sake of arguing and try to use semantics as the basis of it?

I haven't said that it is mutually inclusive, my argument has purely been support Spurs for who and what they are not what you envision them to be. I have purely quoted opinion not fact.

It's not worth quoting further back, but you were the one who filtered fans into real fans and those who want to qualify for the CL. You were then the one who suggested they shouldn't be mutually inclusive (I agree BTW), I merely asked you to point to where it had been suggested that they are. Shall we just agree that nobody did and nobody should?

I wouldn't say I argue for the sake of it - I don't think I've ever argued from the position of an opinion I don't hold. You could say I argue for the sport of it though - it's like a little mini workout for my brain, almost like taking a stroll through a park keeps your muscles active.

It's not worth quoting further back, but you were the one who filtered fans into real fans and those who want to qualify for the CL. You were then the one who suggested they shouldn't be mutually inclusive (I agree BTW), I merely asked you to point to where it had been suggested that they are. Shall we just agree that nobody did and nobody should?

I wouldn't say I argue for the sake of it - I don't think I've ever argued from the position of an opinion I don't hold. You could say I argue for the sport of it though - it's like a little mini workout for my brain, almost like taking a stroll through a park keeps your muscles active.

I didn't intend to filter fans as much as try to say "Support Spurs not the idea of CL football every year" because that is how I feel and sometimes when I read stuff on here it makes me think that they care more about CL football than Spurs.

Any appointment has a risk, I'm sure they thought appointing a succesful manager like Santini or Ramos was the right move

I'm not talking about removing risk, that can't be done. I'm merely talking about minimising it. Whichever way you cut it, appointing an experienced, sucessful manager will always be less risk than appointing someone who's never managed adults before.

That is the joy of hindsight and shifting the blame is the attitude of most managers (in and outside of football)

Most good managers will (rightly) shift the blame away from their player as will good managers in any environment. You shift the blame to yourself, the referee, the pitch, anything. You don't shift the blame from yourself to your players. And surely the anger management issues must have been visible to those at the club? If the one good reason for appointing YTS is that he was a known factor then issues such as being able to think calmly and logically in the face of adversity must have come up for discussion.

What a surprise. Someone starts a threat trying to bring some positivity and 'feel-good' and it once again descends into a banal argument about managers.

This place, seriously.

What a surprise. Someone starts a threat trying to bring some positivity and 'feel-good' and it once again descends into a banal argument about managers.

This place, seriously.
But what difference does it make if this place is positive, negative, manic depressive or whatever? They don't read out a selection of comments to the players at half time.

If you go to the Lane and sit there moaning and ****ging off the players and manager, then you're a **** and you should stop wasting a ticket, but dear old Glory-Glory.co.uk makes fook all difference to anything.

But what difference does it make if this place is positive, negative, manic depressive or whatever? They don't read out a selection of comments to the players at half time.

If you go to the Lane and sit there moaning and ****ging off the players and manager, then you're a **** and you should stop wasting a ticket, but dear old Glory-Glory.co.uk makes fook all difference to anything.

Because it's so ****ing boring.

There are a number of threads debating the apparent ineptitude, lack of class, lack of intelligence blah blah of Tim Sherwood and it would be nice for there to be a thread that didn't veer so far away from it's intended course.

I've been a member of GG for a long bloody time, since the days of the Morientes rumours and Rivaldo's letter and I honestly can't remember it being this depressing ever.

Yes it's not great at the moment, but in the 30+ years I've been supporting Spurs it's been a whole lot worse.

There are a number of threads debating the apparent ineptitude, lack of class, lack of intelligence blah blah of Tim Sherwood and it would be nice for there to be a thread that didn't veer so far away from it's intended course.

I've been a member of GG for a long bloody time, since the days of the Morientes rumours and Rivaldo's letter and I honestly can't remember it being this depressing ever.

Yes it's not great at the moment, but in the 30+ years I've been supporting Spurs it's been a whole lot worse.

=D>

So what should've been the course this thread took? A lot of "I agree" type comments? The OP is the basic truth of being a Spurs fan isn't it, that you should want the best for the club, whatever your views on the transient players and managers? Of course that is correct, I doubt there's any on here, Gooner trolls excepted, who think otherwise.

But isn't the frustration at it all borne out of that, that we're not getting the best for our Spurs, that in this moment we could be more than we are? Isn't it better to bitch about it on here, rather than at the Lane where it can actually have an effect on the club?

True. Neal Fenn and Rory Allen leading the line at Old Trafford in an early round FA Cup game many years ago always spring to my mind, still thought we'd nick something ;)

Let's take this thread in a new direction rather than go down the old well-trodden path of manager / player hate.

Isn't the real question, the only question of relevance, the difference between being a fan and being a supporter. Most people would say they do support Spurs, some would argue that they are just not fans of the way we are currently playing, or the way the club is currently being run.

End of the day we all love spurs and we'll all support spurs through thick and thin (and this season is been pretty thin pickings) - however doesn't mean we are fans of Sherwood or Levy or Baldini's efforts this season.

Discuss - what does it mean to be a fan or a supporter? Is is better to be one or the other or both?

Well said

Umm, Ade has a knock and is even doubtful for Saturday, and Brad did nothing wrong last night.

The attitude sherwood had towards the game filtered down to the rest of the team but played like we were already beaten until 20 minutes to go.

This threads point that we should go all out and try to get as many points in the rest of the league is beyond ironic considering what Sherwood did last night.

This x 100

I've no idea why there a thread about support and backing the players considering the unbelievable support the away fans provided last night.

Back