• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ashley Phillips

Maybe its been Plymouth's issue since they started wearing that colour in 1897?

It did us ok in the CL though. I still think we'd've won it if we'd kept it for the final

It's always been grey that have been the controversial ones - Man U and England players all hated theirs in the 90s for blending against the crowd.

I played for the Irish Centre Camden and we worè green, use to have a red and blue goal jersey and white t shirt for our keeper as most teams were red or blue, very limited kits back then.

What does this mean? What is a goal jersey?

Back in the dark days all keepers wore green jerseys (jumpers/kit) so there would be a clash with our kit, if our opponents wore red our keeper would wear blue and vis versa, if the opponents didnt have an alternative jersey we loaned the white t shirt to them, it worked. Football kit has gone by many names if you look at old programmes you will see shirts/tops: shorts/bottoms/knickers: socks/stockings

Back in the dark days all keepers wore green jerseys (jumpers/kit) so there would be a clash with our kit, if our opponents wore red our keeper would wear blue and vis versa, if the opponents didnt have an alternative jersey we loaned the white t shirt to them, it worked. Football kit has gone by many names if you look at old programmes you will see shirts/tops: shorts/bottoms/knickers: socks/stockings
Further off topic (sorry Ashley) but this weekend I learned that we once wore Chelsea’s shorts for game!

Further off topic (sorry Ashley) but this weekend I learned that we once wore Chelsea’s shorts for game!

That move and strike by Glenn for the second goal....😍

Not great for the colourblind amongst us.

Ex-player/pundit actually mentioned that he once asked a manager to sub him because he couldn't make out the differences in the kits because he was colourblind.

Other interesting comment was for the players, sometimes the socks are the more important (your eyes are on the ball, so socks are closest bit of kit you see a lot)

Back