• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arsenal ratings

all 7 - tried hard but wasn't organized as well as the opposition... good potential
except TS - could have tried sitting back deeper instead of opening up space behind dawson and chiriches, an exploit that is well documented
extra mention to Rose who was responsible for the second goal and but strong enough to withstand that challenge from Walnut that cost him his knee ligaments...

all 7 - tried hard but wasn't organized as well as the opposition... good potential
except TS - could have tried sitting back deeper instead of opening up space behind dawson and chiriches, an exploit that is well documented
extra mention to Rose who was responsible for the second goal and but strong enough to withstand that challenge from Walnut that cost him his knee ligaments...

I thought Tim's major tactical failing in this match, if you can call it that, was the space in front of the two CB's. The midfielders were too advanced out of possession and the Arsenal midgets had free reign in behind them. I think some of this was caused by having one of the CMs go engage Arteta, a job that should have been assigned to a striker. There were worrying signs of this gap at Utd too though they didn't exploit the space to the extent Arsenal did. A couple or more subs might have helped freshen things up near the end of the match also but surprisingly he didn't go all in like I thought he would. There were some hard lessons learned for Tim in this match I guess but he has shown an ability to recognise the mistakes and rectify them. Lets see how he changes things the next time we come up against them.

i think that the space in front of the CBs was mostly the result of arsenal's 5-men versus 4 of ours.. they always seemed to have two players in between our midfield and defence lines... and yes our CB's we caught between a rock and a hard place. so it was dissapointing not to see Tim react to this - he had a ready solution in the form of Capoue as a DM. Well at least until we were chasing the goal.

In any case that space in the midfield just in front of the defence what everyone talks about when playing Arsenal. Tim seems to have ignored this in his planning, and looked baffled and could not give convincing arguments about this during the post game interviews. Oh well, maybe its a topic he's going to cover next term in his coaching courses!

you utter c u n t - what the **** do you kmow about away support, you arm chair skid mark on society.
I'll take the warning thanks, but you should kill yourself.

Calm yourself down mate.

Hashegot thesackyet is very ja606. I dont like the name so I'm going to call you Herbert , Herbie even .

I'll let it go , put it down to you having a ****e day at The Emirates and maybe a few to many bevvies. I understand on your return home , that you don't really want to be seeing criticism of the fans who attended the game and by those you perceive to be armchair skid marks but seriously , take it easy pal.

As to my knowledge on away days and not wishing to sound like an old fart. I can say I've done time , probably more than most. My first years of going to away games was when we were a second division outfit. Recall the trips to those ****ney welcoming places like Burnden Park, Roker Park, Victoria Ground, Bramell Lane and then back in London, Millwall away was proper fun.

I also recall those trips to Elland Road , St Andrews , Upton Park, Highbury, in the days when, segregation enforcement of the fans were generally a thin line of a few bobbies.

I also recall standing in the away end at Upton Park in a hostile environment where you thought murder was a distinct possibility. It had been kicking off constantly prior to the game's kick-off but as the game developed the fighting became sporadic . We watched the game with caution , one eye on the game , the other on who were around us.

Those blokes that had suddenly appeared next to us , are they Spurs or West Ham ? **** sake, I hope they're Spurs, they're some big fookers amongst them and they look pretty tasty in their donkey jackets and knee high Dr Martens. The thought of moving myself and my mates away from them were just beginning to be swirling around my head, when I caught sight of a knuckle duster being slipped onto a rather large hand, a wooden club also appeared from under a jacket . The West Ham aggro song soon filled the air as they laid into us.

So yes , I've done my away time and I did so, in a time when if you made it back home to North London in one piece, you'd done well . There were many an evening, I were sat in my local looking into my beer wondering why the **** I were putting myself through this ****e. I were not a hooligan, I just wanted to watch and show my support for Hoddle , Ardiles and the others in the Spurs team and yet, in those days of my avid attendance home and away , I'd taken a few kickings, lost a tooth to a brummie boot and to this day, carry a scar across my knuckle (dont ask) . And there were plenty of mates far worse off out of it all than me.

I do sympathise with today's support for their financial outlay, I honestly do but everything else is there for them, such as comfort and their security. Bottles and lumps of concrete are not being thrown and angry mobs are not charging into the crowd, kicking and swinging their fists. Today's fan is free from all that ******** leaving them to express their love for their team in relative safe environment . So it does irk me a tad when I see our lot not taking in the occasion for what it is, an opportunity to show the rest of football how much they love the team and club.

Good day to you Herbie.

Says it all.

Says what all? I've been to about 25 different away grounds to watch Spurs, all over the country and abroad, never been able to to get tickets for Arsenal away but I'd go in a shot if someone offered me a ticket. I have however been there to watch other teams play and I can tell you it translates to the screen at home if the away support are loud, considering we had a bigger allocation this year and it's our most hated rival in a cup game, all I saw was most of our fans just standing there.

Regarding soldado... With someone up top with him he's s completely different player. I had go deep and his movement is very good indeed. How he stays in the summer and we buy benteke.

Back