• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Xherdan Shaqiri

He's not fat. He just works out. A lot.

eat-elliptical.jpg

Not a huge fan and never have been of Lamela but if you’re saying that Shaqiri isn’t a spurs player then Lamela isn’t either as he’s better than him.

Mate you posted about lamela in the Leicester thread like you were eating brick due to his great second half performance. The best defensive attacker in the team and can bring something to that team only xerdan coulds dream of.

Talk about taking a completely unnecessary punt.

Played in dominating team like Bayern probably helped. Scoring a paltry 1 goal in 15 when playing in a tighter tougher league. And when you see how lamela tore it up in Italy in comparison....

Lamelas appearances have also been hindered his first year (one to forget), playing under AvB, Sherwood. A little perspective wouldn't hurt, especially since there is enough in that lad to really kick on next season.

Both 26 and if I was a manager I’d rather have Shaqiri in mine. They’re both Pretty much same attacking players but for me he’s the better player. Just have to look at his goal numbers for Switzerland, but his league numbers back this up too.

Just trying to prove a point to people on here saying that’s he’s definitely not a spurs player when you can’t ignore his stats are far better than Lamela’s, who is a spurs player. Poch would make him a less lazier player than some on here say that he is.

Edit, I’m not saying Lamela is pants, I think he brings something to our side no one else does, but why can’t we have Shaqiri as well? He would bring just as much as Lamela does to the team and most definitely more goals.

Last edited:
What would be the point of this signing?

The only thing we need in that area is a top class wide forward/winger who could push for the starting XI. Shaqiri is not that so there is no point, no matter how cheap. Personally, I'd rather see a more promising, younger player given time there than someone like Shaqiri.

If anything the above has proved is that maybe Lamela isn’t good enough for us anymore? Surely we could replace him with better, and if most of you say, someone better than Shakiri.

If anything the above has proved is that maybe Lamela isn’t good enough for us anymore? Surely we could replace him with better, and if most of you say, someone better than Shakiri.
You’re basing your evidence of Lamela being inferior on just goals though? As has been discussed Lamela adds different to dimensions to our midfield, scoring isn’t his strong point. But we have goalscoring midfielders already so it’s not a massive issue. I don’t mind Shaqiri at all but if he is going to come in I wouldn’t suggest he replaces our most mobile and defensively strong AM....

You’re basing your evidence of Lamela being inferior on just goals though? As has been discussed Lamela adds different to dimensions to our midfield, scoring isn’t his strong point. But we have goalscoring midfielders already so it’s not a massive issue. I don’t mind Shaqiri at all but if he is going to come in I wouldn’t suggest he replaces our most mobile and defensively strong AM....

I think we need much more end product from the right attacking forward. Its our biggest weakness going forward. If we really want to win the top honours then in the big games we need all our attackers ready to supply and finish when the opportunities arise

But im sure when we signed him and watched him with from his roma games that we were buying him as being the next big goalscoring attacking midfielder. Everyone was jizzing over this signing including me. Sorry but I don’t think he has lived up to that and we need much more than a defending attacking midfielder IMO.

Back