• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Xherdan Shaqiri

I've witnessed him on more than one occasion in his career throw his toys out of the pram during a match, the most recent being last season. There is a good footballer in there on his day but I'd doubt his commitment to anything other than himself.
And you honestly think none of our players would throw their toys out of their pram surrounded by that dross at Stoke? Im sure all our superior players would just clap with encouragement at players as their defence and midfield hoof the ball aimlessly forward for the umpteenth time....

He did it at Bayern and (I think) Inter.

Felt he should have been playing ahead of Ribery and co.

The guy has an ego that, I believe, will mean he wont sit on any bench happily.

And I simply dont think he is good enough to play for us regularly. Yes, very skillful and talented, but thats not everything is it?

He is exactly the sort of player Id expect the like of West Ham to go for, someone to pander too who will keep the fans happy. Not unlike us many moons ago, where we were grateful for the like of Ginola keeping us entertained in dark times.

And I simply dont think he is good enough to play for us regularly. Yes, very skillful and talented, but thats not everything is it?

He is exactly the sort of player Id expect the like of West Ham to go for, someone to pander too who will keep the fans happy. Not unlike us many moons ago, where we were grateful for the like of Ginola keeping us entertained in dark times.
I only know of him really from his time at Stoke so I shall bow to your superior knowledge. All Im saying is I dont blame him for getting frustrated at Stoke with the play often passing him by. But if that is truly his profile then you are right, Poch wont go near him. But I will say Ive seen him work during games, I dont see him as lazy and if the fee really is £12m then that really is a good price for someone with his ability and could understand the temptation....

His effort is only ever in fits and starts, from what Ive seen.

Its quite possible youve only caught Stoke games when he has been in the mood, especially as I imagine you dont catch many Stoke games (why would anyone?!).

And even when he is in the mood, it is clear he is not a team player at all - he wants to win all by himself.

I genuinely do not think he will appeal to us at all.

Easy to look at £12m and his obvious talent and think "no brainer", but thats really only part of the consideration.

As I said, West Ham, SCBC, much more his level. Watford maybe? Otherwise an outside chance of Burnley - he is undoubtedly more talented than anything they have but I dont know he would fit Dyches ethic.

The club is unrecognisable to 10 years ago. While it is still evolving, it most certainly has changed.

There was a time when it was easy to lazily link us to all and sundry, now though its bordering on inappropriate.

Goes to show how were are perceived I guess. Yet to be seen as a proper big boy.

City is still not seen as one of the big boys. Which I think says a lot.

We are on the right path but still got a mountain to climb.

Would you not have a Ginola at the club now? Be careful how you answer this. :p

Fcuk yeh. I'd take him as an impact player and against bricky teams like West Brom and Stoke (although they arent in there) but you know.

£12m. Make it happen Levy. Easy money.
It was a no no no a few years ago, and it's still a massive NO! His impact is at best, limited to doing ok and scoring a screamer once or twice a season. The rest of the time he's about as effective as a chocolate fireman.

Back