• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Worst Spurs team of the Premier league era.

2003/04. Absolutely no question.

People might point to the shenanigans with regards Hoddle/Pleat as being reasons why we were so poor but that side was seriously bad. Johnnie Jackson, Anthony Gardner and Gary Doherty being mainstays with the likes of Rohan Ricketts and Stephane Dalmat playing large roles.

Carr playing so obviously for a move by not bothering unless it was against a side in the top 3. Kasey Keller in goal and looking more lost as the weeks went on through the season. Helder Postiga scoring just twice and his confidence shot by the complete dross around him. Redknapp, Anderton and Poyet playing CM when their legs had way gone. Poor Dean Richards already beginning to suffer with the problems that eventually cost him his life. Christian Ziege never played really after his career threatening thigh injury from the previous season forcing us to turn to Paul ******* Konchesky.

Seriously, No other season had a time like that and I can't take anyone seriously who might put another team forward. At least teams that had shockers like 93/94, 96/97 & 97/98 had reasons for it other than being generally rubbish. Those three seasons actually had players with some class but 03/04 is the worst season I have seen and quite frankly we were very, very fortunate that we weren't relegated and the only reason we survived was the shot in the arm Defoe gave us combined with some important goals from keane and Kanoute.

Drawing 4-4 with Leicester, at home after being 3-1 up and 4-3 down. An Absolute disgrace that summed up the season.

Was it the year the Now-Very-Vincibles won their last but one trophy? If so, I remember all the smirking they had about "us celebrating a draw when they had just won the league" but I remember us being in freefall, two nil down in a game against the champions elect, and somehow salvaging a draw in the last minute with a penalty. I remember celebrating with HUGE relief.

I think the team we had at the end of the 90's were pretty ****. Justin Edinburgh, Dean Austin, Andy Sinton, Stuart Nethercott, Ramon Vega, Ian Walker ... those guys. I remember approaching every match with dread, you could never be sure if the team turned up or not.

We have had some real dross there over the years.

The latter days of the Francis reign was dreadful but yes, 03-04 when Pleat was in charge was abysmal. Serious relegation fears

Sadly, a very good question this. We've had a lot of absolutely sh*te teams.

I have never been more depressed to be a Spurs fan than watching Man in the Raincoat's Spurs teams (the one shining light Ginola aside, who he eventually froze out & forced to leave).... but at least we won a tropy under him.

I agree with Libero's answer though. 03/04. Too many dogsh*t players, fighting relegation for most of the season, and some of the most embarassing results in our entire history. While Arsenal were romping to the title, we just about scraped 14th/15th was it??

At least thinking about this, it puts our current 'woes' VERY firmly into the correct relative perspective. Times have changed at WHL.

COYS

Back