• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Women's World Cup 2015

The Norwegian players celebrated one of their goals by taking a selfie on the pitch. I'm disgusted and outraged. This is what I have representing my country? :mad:

The Norwegian players celebrated one of their goals by taking a selfie on the pitch. I'm disgusted and outraged. This is what I have representing my country? :mad:
Not the sort of picture you were after, Sepp?

6-0 on BBC3, could be 15 by now. Ivorians giving them a good kicking now though so moral victory.

I would do rotten things to Hope Solo. I love me a girl with a temper.

And yes, I've seen the photos :D

Only saw the last half an hour, thought it was awful, neither team looked like scoring and the standard was really poor. The free kick goal i saw the replays of was excellant though.

Ridiculous...

Yeah that is poor. The equalizer was a good strike though, in fairness:

I agree that the goalkeeping can be decidedly dodgy though, seems to have always been the case too in my experience. The games in general can be an decent watch these days though, I don't think they're that bad technically and they're allowed to be far more physical than the men are, rarely see a yellow.

Last edited:
They need reduce the size of the goals proportionally to the different between men and women.
Its like putting an 11 yr old in an adults goal.

That aside, I think the quality is good and more enjoyable than men's in a lot of ways - it still like a sport rather than an overly technical match up, they players seem to really enjoy it and it just generally seems more relaxed.

Perhaps the change should be in the professional men's game. The goal size was set more than a century ago and todays goalkeepers are bigger and much more athletic. The goalkeeping in the women's game is probably close to how it was before.

A similar argument can be made about pitch size. Again the women's game might reflect the older game better than the modern men's game, with players getting more time and space. The reaction to fouls is also more traditional, none of the triple flips and rolls for the faintest contact.

watch USA v Australia. Really the difference was that the Yanks had a top class keeper, whilst the Aussie was tinkle weak. Even at the 'elite' level it's amazing to see so many femalekeepers who are short, pudgy and completely un-athletic.

They need reduce the size of the goals proportionally to the different between men and women.
Its like putting an 11 yr old in an adults goal.

That aside, I think the quality is good and more enjoyable than men's in a lot of ways - it still like a sport rather than an overly technical match up, they players seem to really enjoy it and it just generally seems more relaxed.

I agree. I enjoy watching the women's game. I think that the games tend to be quite open and the players technically proficient and you get none of the play acting or cheating that you get in the men's game.

Back