• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

Rossi22

Pedro Mendes
article-1353857614039-16236050000005DC-939747_465x323.jpg

index.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Tottenham-link-friend-Andre-Villas-Boas.html
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/360941/Chelsea-and-Tottenham-in-battle-to-sign-Willian
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...am-target-willian-will-not-leave-for-anything

Come on Levy, they belong together :)

Too expensive.

Theoretically, I agree w/ you, but at 20L it could be a great investment. Willian, Bale, and Lennon in behind Defoe or Ade would make us devastating going forwards and give us a real chance to finish top 4. If we fail and need to balance the books, then we can move Bale on in the summer and Willian can take over. He's a special player and would be a massive upgrade over Dempsey, Sigg, etc. And, he can play all over the midfield and will chip in with goals here and there. 1 in 7 in Ukrainian league, which isn't horrible considering he played their as a youngster.

Lloris is looking at AVB as if he is deciding whats the best way to kill him without leaving a trace

so funny

Theoretically, I agree w/ you, but at 20L it could be a great investment. Willian, Bale, and Lennon in behind Defoe or Ade would make us devastating going forwards and give us a real chance to finish top 4. If we fail and need to balance the books, then we can move Bale on in the summer and Willian can take over. He's a special player and would be a massive upgrade over Dempsey, Sigg, etc. And, he can play all over the midfield and will chip in with goals here and there. 1 in 7 in Ukrainian league, which isn't horrible considering he played their as a youngster.

Fully agree with you. Getting Willian for 20-25 would be a massive investment, but as you say we have Bale as an asset, who can balance the books if needed. For now he would be a massive upgrade on Dempsey and Sigurdsson and if Bale is sold later on, he would be the closest we would get to a replacement of Bale in terms of quality. I'm not against buying young prospects on the cheap, but we have to buy a top class player once in a while, if we want to keep up with the Mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Here we have a player at that level, who have actually expressed his desire to come to Spurs. Even though a third striker is much needed, I would be very happy if he was the only player brought in come january, he's just that good.

The one thing that concerns me about Willian is that he's yet another wide player who doesn't score goals (averages about 3 a season, much like Lennon).

And whilst he's an upgrade on Lennon, I'm not sure how much of a priority position it is for a £20m investment compared to CM or upfront.

He has 4 in 5 in the CL this season. I think AM and wide cover which is what Willian would provide is a more pressing issue than CM where we have Sandro, Dembele and Parker or up front where we have Defoe and Adebayor.

He has 4 in 5 in the CL this season. I think AM and wide cover which is what Willian would provide is a more pressing issue than CM where we have Sandro, Dembele and Parker or up front where we have Defoe and Adebayor.

Depends how quickly AVB wants to switch to 4-3-3. Because as soon as he does, we won't need a #10, but we will need a ballplaying CM.

I'm more happy with Demspey, Townsend and Falque covering the flanks than I am with Huddlestone having to play CM.

Shaktar paid around 17m for him which was a gamble and he's done very well. Why would they let him leave without making a large profit, especially in January. Waaaaay too expensive for us, pointless getting hopes up on this one.

What sort of player is he? I have heard he is more of a dribbler but is that correct, who might he be like in the premiership?

He's not similar to Lennon at all, I can't think of any directly comparable PL players but he's certainly not like Lennon.

You tried telling everyone that Cazorla was a winger during the summer though GB.

Nani is the closest example within the PL I think.

Last edited:
You tried telling everyone that Cazorla was a winger during the summer though GB.

Nani is the closest example within the PL I think.

I would compare him to a more skilled and pacey version of Kranjcar. Starts from the left wing but roams around across the pitch as he always seeks possession. Definately a more intelligent player than Nani as he's more of a playmaker than an out an out winger. He's got good pace though, a very good dribbler and has a good shot from distance. Would easily be able to play in the hole.

I actually typed out "Imagine Kranjcar but faster" but then I thought people might think I'm a bit mad so settled on Nani :)

My initial comparison was actually a young and skinny Ronaldinho, but then I thought people would think I was pushing it ;)

Back