• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Why are people not more excited about Champ League?

No point in getting excited before CL is done and dusted. This is Spurs, remember. Nothing's certain until the final whistle is blown.

No point in getting excited before CL is done and dusted. This is Spurs, remember. Nothing's certain until the final whistle is blown.

Which leads to the ridiculous situation where the season is over, but we cannot celebrate anything as we have to wait and see if we get pushed out of the Champions league cos of this stupid rule they have.

No matter what happens with us, this rule should be changed. UEFA need to make it that if the Winners do not qualify then they have to go in the Qualification round or not have a place at all.

Thanks to Liverpool, for creating an almighty fuss over being too brick to qualify FOURTH in their league in the season they won that CL bucket

Again the English Martyrs Football Club do wondrous, marvelous things for English football.

Which leads to the ridiculous situation where the season is over, but we cannot celebrate anything as we have to wait and see if we get pushed out of the Champions league cos of this stupid rule they have.

No matter what happens with us, this rule should be changed. UEFA need to make it that if the Winners do not qualify then they have to go in the Qualification round or not have a place at all.

I don't think it would be any good if they still were allowed in the qualification round, at best/worst we could have five english teams in the CL, that's too many for me. Either no place or change it so that only three teams are allowed, with the possibility of a fourth should another team that hasn't qualified through the league win CL.

Also, why doesn't the EL winner get a spot in CL? Always wondered about this, and feel that they at least should get into the qualification.

I don't think it would be any good if they still were allowed in the qualification round, at best/worst we could have five english teams in the CL, that's too many for me. Either no place or change it so that only three teams are allowed, with the possibility of a fourth should another team that hasn't qualified through the league win CL.

Also, why doesn't the EL winner get a spot in CL? Always wondered about this, and feel that they at least should get into the qualification.

One of the most mentioned qualification questions by Fans to be honest..

They should, everyone agrees that they should. Yet uefa have never bothered doing anything about it.

I'll start getting excited if we get in it.
I was excited when we were 10 points ahead of the scum, and look where that got me !

Back