• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who or what was the turning point for Leicester City ?

Where does this animosity come from towards us? I get that we got a lot of praise last season so they perhaps felt they weren't getting credit at the time but they won the fudging league! Why do they care? Everyone in the media loves them now, it's only the fans of every other club who say last season was an aberration.

We dared to give them a run for their money

Where does this animosity come from towards us?
nielsen99_730b.jpg

Backward fudging yokels think they're not performing this season because the players aren't trying!

In a few years they'll discover electricity, a century or so later they'll discover computers. A couple more decades and they'll start tapping away at those computers with their hooves and discover analytics.

Eventually their hick, farmer brains will begin to understand the concept of regression and they'll know why their team is dogbrick this season, just like it was two seasons ago.

None of them blame the players. It's all Ranieris fault. But the interview suggests he's a man in no danger of losing his job.

Where does this animosity come from towards us? I get that we got a lot of praise last season so they perhaps felt they weren't getting credit at the time but they won the fudging league! Why do they care? Everyone in the media loves them now, it's only the fans of every other club who say last season was an aberration.

I've noticed this myself - I'm at a loss to explain it. My pet theory is that they're *desperate* to stop looking like the wee provincial side they are, and thus they're using their miraculous title win to try and big themselves as up a rival to the smallest of the top six, so they can pretend to be part of the big boys' club. They'd get laughed out of the room if they compared themselves to Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or United based on their one PL win...but they can easily puff themselves up by imagining themselves as rivals to Spurs, since we haven't won a single one (or anything at all post-2008, really). Thus the manufactured animosity, which is simultaneously funny and pathetic given their present circumstances.

Well, either that or they just dislike that we had the gall to temporarily challenge them last year - *extremely* temporarily (like, only-when-we-were-leading-against-Arsenal-at-home temporarily). But if they held grudges based on teams competing with them, they'd have to hate the entire league given that everyone (except Spurs, predictably) has taken turns utterly rogering them this season.

I've noticed this myself - I'm at a loss to explain it. My pet theory is that they're *desperate* to stop looking like the wee provincial side they are, and thus they're using their miraculous title win to try and big themselves as up a rival to the smallest of the top six, so they can pretend to be part of the big boys' club. They'd get laughed out of the room if they compared themselves to Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or United based on their one PL win...but they can easily puff themselves up by imagining themselves as rivals to Spurs, since we haven't won a single one (or anything at all post-2008, really). Thus the manufactured animosity, which is simultaneously funny and pathetic given their present circumstances.

Well, either that or they just dislike that we had the gall to temporarily challenge them last year - *extremely* temporarily (like, only-when-we-were-leading-against-Arsenal-at-home temporarily). But if they held grudges based on teams competing with them, they'd have to hate the entire league given that everyone (except Spurs, predictably) has taken turns utterly rogering them this season.

I don't go on twitter that much but wouldn't be too shocked if a large chunk of the fanbase weren't so gracious after losing out to them but it's not like all of us were like that, put it this way, I'm glad they won the league instead of those muppets down the road. The ones I heard on the radio for example were giving them credit. If anything, most of the vitriol was aimed at Chelsea for their comments before our game with them and the way they celebrated after denying us the title.

Indeed, and that 99 final was one of the worst finals i have seen.
Much like last season, they were expert at destroying any attempt to play football. They were also (as they were last season) incredibly good at conning the ref and getting dirty digs/kicks in without getting punished.

Much like last season, they were expert at destroying any attempt to play football. They were also (as they were last season) incredibly good at conning the ref and getting dirty digs/kicks in without getting punished.

Indeed, especially that gobbrick Savage.

id say its because winning a trophy/title with everyone on your side cheering you on leaves a bit of an emptiness in that you have no ones face to rub in your success or to gloat over (which lets face it - is a big part of winning) we were the side which ran them closest so they have to try engineer a rivalry with us to fill that void. If it had been another club in our position then they'd be doing the same to them.

Back