• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What tactics would you use to beat spurs.

punk_is_back`

Ilie Dumitrescu
Evening All,

Sometimes its always good to look at things from the view point of the person directly opposing you. In certain schools of psychology the act of placing yourself in someone else's shoes can give you an insight into your own behaviour and how to modify it in certain situations to achieve your desired outcome. So as a sort of experiment, I would like to as the members of the forum; what tactics would you use to beat spurs. Obviously we cannot have answers like sign Messi; Ronaldo; Tevez etc. But what certain formations would you play; which positions/ players would you target as such; what types of players would you use to oppose our players. The type of marking/intensity of pressing would you use. Maybe we can identify weakness in our team by taking the viewpoint of the opposition.

All good responses, made me chuckle out loud. However they are all extremely close to the truth. Anyone care to go in more depth?

Apart from the first two games of the season, when we didnt have a full team and the mentality was all wrong from the summer bullsh#t, the only PL games we've lost have been down to ref's getting blatantly obvious decisions wrong.

So, my answer would be: Hire a cheat to referee the game

According to Punk, it would be as simple as to play Scott Parker...no need to injure him

Come on please. I criticised parker because it was my opinion. It doesn't make me right nor does it make me wrong. But at least lets be civilised and not retort to stuff like this; lets not turn this into a Parker thread. In fact if anything in terms of mental weakness, Parker would be the last person the opposite team could target.

Put pressure on Friedel and our back 4 to try to force us into long balls forward as Friedel is rather average with the ball at his feet and we're fairly useless at the long ball game even with Ade on the pitch. However, if Modric, King, Kaboul and Ekotto most teams won't be able to keep that kind of pressure up for much more than 25 minutes each half and after that it's probably park the bus time. However, we will be tough to contain.

We have a short team, set plays will be a good way to attack us. Especially if King doesn't play a good idea is probably to put the two tallest men in your team (and/or the nearest pub) up front and just hoof the ball up to them, sooner or later we will panic.

let us have the ball in CM and then double up as soon as the AM or Wingers enter the final third

going forward, try and get as many corners as possible, load the box with big guys between 6 - 18 yards (and one on the keeper), pop the ball in there, double up on our tall defenders allowing the ball to fall in the box so someone can tap it in

basically - nullify and frustrate us and get scrappy goals

Just sit back, and channel Bale into the middle rather than down the outside

Then hit us with big set pieces and fight for the second ball

It ain't rocket science, we are cack when Bale won't get wide and there is no space for him to run into - he just runs into VdV, Modric and Adebayor and clogs it up

PS - did you notice that the Wolves goal scrambled in at a corner, and the City goal scrambled in at a corner were both scrambled into the same bit of the goal? We should put Lennon or someone there, just behind the line, to toe punt it out next time

Just sit back, and channel Bale into the middle rather than down the outside

Then hit us with big set pieces and fight for the second ball

It ain't rocket science, we are cack when Bale won't get wide and there is no space for him to run into - he just runs into VdV, Modric and Adebayor and clogs it up

PS - did you notice that the Wolves goal scrambled in at a corner, and the City goal scrambled in at a corner were both scrambled into the same bit of the goal? We should put Lennon or someone there, just behind the line, to toe punt it out next time

I noticed that in fact, we only have modric standing on the front post. Most teams have 2 people on the line.

We can't deal with any physicality from the opposition, which is why Stoke beat us. Any team that presses us can shake us a little bit, as we've become a possesson-based team

Back