• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Just been on to the Wembley site to explore parking options for the Chelsea game.....they want £40! So a £30 mark up on parking around WHL. Anyone know of any unofficial matchday spots around Wembley for £10-£20?

Cheers

Park at Hillingdon and get the Met Line or park at West Ruislip and get the mainline into Wembley Stadium. Either will take you about 20mins tops ;o)

Last edited:
Cheers guys. Was hoping to avoid public transport at all costs as son is only 5. I know he's young but what can I do, he wants to go!
What about places to the west and south of the stadium as you look at it there

South Wembley, Sudbury Town, North Wembley, all will have people selling their parking spaces and are all about 15-25 minutes walk to the stadium and managing to avoid the dreaded Wembley Way

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/london+wembley+stadium/@51.5514155,-0.2876817,15z

Park at Hillingdon and get the Met Line or park at West Ruislip and get the mainline into Wembley Stadium. Either will take you about 20mins tops ;o)

This is my preferred choice for Wembley, although certainly gets full quick when its Chelsea as I assume a lot of their fans use it too. Tried Stanmore for the semi, much shorter trip of the tube, but finding a parking space was murder

I live 5 mins from Hillingdon tube so it's the easy option for me. Though on Cup Final / Playoff final days the area (and Uxbridge) gets quite mobbed as it's the easiest place for cars and coaches to park up and fans can grab a few drinks before the short(ish) trip to Wembley.

Always have a laugh at the Mancs and Scousers whining about the price of a pint.

From previous experience in recent cup semis, there'll be some Chelsea fans coming from that way, but most will be making their way via Earls Court / District Line i'd imagine.

This is my preferred choice for Wembley, although certainly gets full quick when its Chelsea as I assume a lot of their fans use it too. Tried Stanmore for the semi, much shorter trip of the tube, but finding a parking space was murder
Yep every man and his dog seems to make for Stanmore so I'll be trying for Canons Park next time.

£40 for parking?! It costs me £35 to get train to Wembley & I live in Poole. Plus I get to have a beer, or two. Makes no sense taking the car with prices like that.

£40 for parking?! It costs me £35 to get train to Wembley & I live in Poole. Plus I get to have a beer, or two. Makes no sense taking the car with prices like that.

Blimey - I travel from Gillingham in Dorset when I go by train and it costs a lot more than that most times. Is Poole a cheaper option? The train is so pricey I normally drive to Richmond and train it in from there.

Blimey - I travel from Gillingham in Dorset when I go by train and it costs a lot more than that most times. Is Poole a cheaper option? The train is so pricey I normally drive to Richmond and train it in from there.

I use one of the Network Railcards. Saves one third, it costs £30 but quickly pays for itself through the savings. I checked for Gillingham, and you can get a Super Off Peak day return for £34.80 to Wembley Stadium, saves about £16 with the Railcard. That's just looking at 20th August as it's the first PL fixture date at Wembley.

The only concern is the possible train disruptions, so it's just worth keeping an ear out for potential news about maintenance/strikes etc.

Otherwise, it's time to just get a beer, read preview in paper, listen to good music and enjoy a more relaxed journey up than the drive would be. I can't stand driving to London...every time I promise myself never again, as I get frustrated with the M3 & M25 temporary speed limits and congestion.

Back