• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

I have heaps of man love for Victor... I think he's great..

I feel that both Dier and Wanyama should feature in our starting eleven more often than in just the so called big games. I'd like to see last night's formation played against West Brom. Clean sheets win titles.

Interesting thought, though to be fair the game last night was very evenly matched with a crowd that were evidently behind us from the off. We didn't create many clear chances, and luckily struck at just the right time.

Now fast forward to WBA with, as you say, the same formation. If we get to half-time having created as little as last night but with the score at 0-0, then will the crowd be so patient?
Teams like WBA will come for the draw and stifle & frustrate us. In fact, the Baggies in particular have been very good at this in recent years. We've no real need to play 3 CBs AND a DM for a game like this.

I'd rather we had the extra man in midfield than at the back. Keep Walks and Rose high up and really press for the ball in the oppositions half, rather than winning it back by flooding the area between our box and the half way line.

He's such a brilliant player. I am surprised by his passing, thought that was his weakness but hes very comfortable on the ball

He was immense last night and owned Kante '( who has been praised by all pundits this season). Alli was good with two goals, Eriksen got ANOTHER two assists and the team were very good. However for me he was our MOM and showed ( yet again) that he is far more then a defensive player.

I really like the three at the back with Wany protecting them. I think this play to the strength of our players and gives much freer range to our full backs to get up the pitch without overly worrying about being caught out. Against WBA, I would replace Dembele with Winks, and possibly Walker with Trippier. Then we have two creative midfielders pulling the strings, two effective "wingers" offering width and providing the bullets and two natural finishers. Thats 6 attacking players to unlock the WBA door. Should be enough imo.

Interesting thought, though to be fair the game last night was very evenly matched with a crowd that were evidently behind us from the off. We didn't create many clear chances, and luckily struck at just the right time.

Now fast forward to WBA with, as you say, the same formation. If we get to half-time having created as little as last night but with the score at 0-0, then will the crowd be so patient?
Teams like WBA will come for the draw and stifle & frustrate us. In fact, the Baggies in particular have been very good at this in recent years. We've no real need to play 3 CBs AND a DM for a game like this.

I'd rather we had the extra man in midfield than at the back. Keep Walks and Rose high up and really press for the ball in the oppositions half, rather than winning it back by flooding the area between our box and the half way line.

I like the idea of Wanyama and Dier on the field with Toby and Vertonghen. I think we will get plenty of shut outs against teams outside of the current top six by having them all on the field.

Many of the away games especially, need to be won with shut outs. Away days at the likes of West Ham, Leicester, are places we need to do better than we did last season. Away to Burnley is also not to be underestimated. We cannot afford anything less than maximum points in these games if we're serious about challenging for the top prize.

Regarding the West Brom home game, I hear you, but I think we can play this formation and still carry a goal threat. I think Poch can do this simply by dropping Dembele and playing Son instead but with Eriksen primarily filling in the boots of Dembele.

Did you see his six pack when he went up for the corner? It was like somebody had put 6 bread rolls up his shirt. Beastly. He absolutely dominated their "hard men"

Watched the game again last night when I got in and didn't notice

Watched the highlights this evening and did

He is a beast Of a man and shirk no battle

Their must be some Kenyan chant we can use for him

I wonder if giving them a fair quota of teams in the world cup would convince the organisers to move it to June-July (staying in odd years, to balance the WC and Euros)?

Being largely equatorial and split between the hemispheres, there shouldn’t be so much of an optimal time of year, like in temperate regions.
You go and try to play a football tournament in Africa in June/July.... Why do you think they want the WC in Qatar moved to another time of year?

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

I think Big Victor Animals is better going forward than he is given credit for. Comparing him with Dier, perhaps his passing isn't as good, but he is a better dribbler imo, and more at ease with carrying the ball forward.

Back