• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

And of course, added depth this season would see us not having Sissoko in midfield, and not exhausting Eriksen - which would have seen us with more points at this stage IMO.

Maybe you do rate them slightly higher than I do - for me they're all just below that top bracket, and as said before I dont know anyone outside of this forum who puts the three mentioned players in that real top bracket.

You say if they were available tomorrow majority of clubs in Europe would be giving Levy a call - If Barca or Madrid wanted them they would have made it known very clearly - Barca even went for Coutinho ahead of Eriksen for example. I do agree there arent a lot better than them, but thats because the level up from our AMs are world class and there are a handful of them hence the fees and wages they would command....

So far you've listed Bale Mahrez and Pulisic as potential targets so far - Bale is only a consideration because he is a bit of a crock and used to play for us, the other two are very much on the same level as Eriksen Son and Alli so it really does seem you actually agree we should be targetting players to compete with those already here rather than players who will come in as an obvious first choice - or at least understand thats a bit of a pipe dream, Arsenal spent 40m+ before transfer fees went through the roof on Ozil, a creative player who not many outside of Arsenal would choose ahead of Eriksen - that shows to me just how hard it is to sign players better than what is here

And of course, added depth this season would see us not having Sissoko in midfield, and not exhausting Eriksen - which would have seen us with more points at this stage IMO.

Definitley - although of course having an upgrade in the first team would also see us with more depth by way of Eriksen or Alli being dropped, but im not sure either player deserves to be the subject of an upgrading having played so well the past few seasons - not to mention neither would stick around too lomg if that were to happen

I know everyone hates Zaha, but I'd be more than happy with him. Watching him last night is exactly what we're missing, a player that can beat their man by dribbling past them in the final third, he has skill and pace.
I can't understand why when we wouldn't increase our bid of £15m for him, but then spent double that shortly after on Sissoko.

I know everyone hates Zaha, but I'd be more than happy with him. Watching him last night is exactly what we're missing, a player that can beat their man by dribbling past them in the final third, he has skill and pace.
I can't understand why when we wouldn't increase our bid of £15m for him, but then spent double that shortly after on Sissoko.

As he is currently on more money than any of our players

They said £50M didn't they and after holding out for £30M for Bolasie I think it scared us off. I like Zaha a lot and think he has added power to his trickery, I want him here but not sure about the cost.

Willian looks likely to move soon - at least it should improve our freekicks.

Willian looks likely to move soon - at least it should improve our freekicks.

I'd be amazed if they would sell to us, or if we'd pay the price which they would want for someone who turns 30 next summer.

Someone like Bernard from Shakhtar would feel a much more realistic signing to me

I'd be amazed if they would sell to us, or if we'd pay the price which they would want for someone who turns 30 next summer.

Someone like Bernard from Shakhtar would feel a much more realistic signing to me
They want Lamar with him on the way out apparently.

Yeah, I agree. Not the most exotic signing, but I think he would fit us well.

Poch doesn't like rotating our fab four of Kane, Eriksen, Alli and Son. Would be harsh on Son to drop for him based on his performance against Stoke. The other three are undroppable..

As he is currently on more money than any of our players

Really, on over 100K? I can't imagine Palace could afford that.

Unlikely, he turned down some western European clubs for the money at Shaktar before, think Liverpool went in for him.

Zaha will be too expensive for us now. Apparently on 120k a week and Palace will want silly money like 60-80 million. I think we will have to look elsewhere for a pacy option.

An Eriksen Dele back up? A player starting to make a name for himself is James Madison at Norwich. Very early for the lad but he seems to have the ability to unlock defences. Confident too.

Of course we are to see what happens with Edwards. Surely he will be given a chance to step up.

Back