• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Season tickets are the same, there would be an uproar if match tickets are less.

Oh - didn't realize that. Well, if the demand is there and Wembley can be filled at the present price point, that's very encouraging. Shouldn't necessarily spend all the extra money we'll get next year straight away, of course - but good to have it, nonetheless.

Season tickets are the same, there would be an uproar if match tickets are less.

Club Wembley is expensive, but behind the goals and the front of the upper tier is around £700-800, ie. 35-40 per match on average. brick matches will go for 20 or lower in the worst areas of the stadium IMO.

Oh - didn't realize that. Well, if the demand is there and Wembley can be filled at the present price point, that's very encouraging. Shouldn't necessarily spend all the extra money we'll get next year straight away, of course - but good to have it, nonetheless.

It might be a struggle to sell out the stadium for the lesser games at those prices. I would assume that match day costs will be higher at Wembley.

The wage bill will rise in line with the rise in turnover. The wage to turnover ratio will remain the same.

So yep we will be able to increase wages paid once we move into the new stadium.

ENIC are not going to change their business model now. I would be amazed if we significantly changed the amount of turnover that we spend on wages.

We're going to need more than goodwill to retain our top talents and by extension, our squad players who are good enough to go and play elsewhere. That TV money and stadium revenue is going to be spent somewhere, if it all goes on paying down debt than that would be a big mistake because we won't keep hold of players who are playing at a world class level and we need squad players who are of a high level too.

I think this is the plan though, so I reckon our wage bill will go up a lot over the next few years. The likes of Kane will end up on £200k per week imo.

The wage bill will rise in line with the rise in turnover. The wage to turnover ratio will remain the same.

So yep we will be able to increase wages paid once we move into the new stadium.

Yes. Isn't this how it works for Man Utd? They have a decent wages to turnover ratio, yet pay Rooney £300k per week. Obviously we aren't at Man Utd levels of income, but it's the same principle.

So we have to pay a large fee to rent the stadium and we cannot keep the hospitality proceeds? I cannot see Levy doing such a deal

Your right, he could've played hardball and said we'll go to Milton Keynes if they didn't give us a cut of the hospitality o_O

True but we can get at least twice as many people in and the moenyfrk corporate is paid in advance

We'll get less of a cut of the corporate and the match day costs will be higher at Wembley. I think that it would be foolish to think that we're going to have significantly higher income next year.

We're going to need more than goodwill to retain our top talents and by extension, our squad players who are good enough to go and play elsewhere. That TV money and stadium revenue is going to be spent somewhere, if it all goes on paying down debt than that would be a big mistake because we won't keep hold of players who are playing at a world class level and we need squad players who are of a high level too.

I think this is the plan though, so I reckon our wage bill will go up a lot over the next few years. The likes of Kane will end up on £200k per week imo.

I doubt that we are going to see much of the increased income from the stadium for a good few years yet, we will have some of the extra TV money in the meantime but I would expect that some of it will have to go on covering the costs of the new stadium.

I would expect that we would lose some players because of our wage structure but we will get good money for them and will reinvest. Exactly the same policy that has got us to where we are now.

Having a predominantly young squad may help retain players because there may be a stronger team spirit and they may feel a sense of loyalty to each other, the manager and the club.

We'll get less of a cut of the corporate and the match day costs will be higher at Wembley. I think that it would be foolish to think that we're going to have significantly higher income next year.

We don't have any running costs for the ground though... no staffing, heating, lighting etc.... That's a pretty big cost saved and we can get a lot more bums on seats

That's not entirely correct. A lot of costs are fixed cost, which means that a higher turnover will allow a higher wage ratio.

We don't have any running costs for the ground though... no staffing, heating, lighting etc.... That's a pretty big cost saved and we can get a lot more bums on seats

We'll be paying more for policing and I doubt that the rent covers everything. We've also had to make a contribution to local community projects to get the licence application through. There's the costs of moving stadium, the set up for the ticketing system. Moving stadium for a year is going to be an expensive business.

That's not entirely correct. A lot of costs are fixed cost, which means that a higher turnover will allow a higher wage ratio.

I doubt that we will move far away from spending around 50% if turnover on wages, that seems to be the accepted sustainable level and where we have been for some time.

We will make a decent profit from the year at Wembley. That money can help towards any wage increases for our players.

We are not going to increase wages based on one season's income. If we did that and then failed to qualify for the Champions League for a few season, we would risk getting ourselves in trouble financially.

Back