• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

Psst, psst, want some more??

Some ITK seen on another Spurs board about us buying Jacob Murphy from Norwich:

eduardosmartez on ftl:

Friend of mine who works in the academy at Norwich has told me that Spurs are close to doing a deal for Jacob Murphy. We've also taken a look at his brother but so far not made an offer for him.

He says that other prem clubs are sniffing around but we are in the driving seat and it's close
Good good.... Recent reports have indicated that Liverpool were trying to turn his head their way instead.

Good good.... Recent reports have indicated that Liverpool were trying to turn his head their way instead.

My main questions are as follows:

1) where does he play and where would he fit into our first team squad currently?
2) Who would he be directly competing with?
3) why are we buying now, as opposed to last summer or the coming summer?

1) Wide midfield, he wouldn't
2) Nkoudou, Sissoko
3) Maybe same deal as Alli
Yup.... Pretty much exactly the above.... Although I think the player could end up operating in any of the three roles behind the number 9 or even one place further back in the team. He could even end up as a brilliant attacking full back.

In terms of why we are buying him. It is because he is one of the best young players in the country. Spurs have been interested for a while, just as they were in Alli before signing him. I would imagine that we are looking to bring him in now due to another club coming into the picture (probably Liverpool). One would hope that the player makes the same decision that Dele did when deciding the best place for his career to blossom.

Yup.... Pretty much exactly the above.... Although I think the player could end up operating in any of the three roles behind the number 9 or even one place further back in the team. He could even end up as a brilliant attacking full back.

In terms of why we are buying him. It is because he is one of the best young players in the country. Spurs have been interested for a while, just as they were in Alli before signing him. I would imagine that we are looking to bring him in now due to another club coming into the picture (probably Liverpool). One would hope that the player makes the same decision that Dele did when deciding the best place for his career to blossom.

Ok thanks. If he comes in now, does that mean the likes of Nkoudou are under even more pressure?

My main questions are as follows:

1) where does he play and where would he fit into our first team squad currently?
2) Who would he be directly competing with?
3) why are we buying now, as opposed to last summer or the coming summer?

My son in law is a season ticket holder at Norwich and he said along with his twin brother ( Josh) they are among the best players he has seen come from their academy. He is a tricky player with skill and his biggest problem is that he is easily knocked off the ball, however as he says he is only 21 so he will fill out and get stronger, he also says Liverpool have been watching him for a while.

My son in law is a season ticket holder at Norwich and he said along with his twin brother ( Josh) they are among the best players he has seen come from their academy. He is a tricky player with skill and his biggest problem is that he is easily knocked off the ball, however as he says he is only 21 so he will fill out and get stronger, he also says Liverpool have been watching him for a while.

Cheers. I wonder if we are only moving for him now because of Liverpool's interest. I also wonder if it means someone in the attacking midfield area is off soon as well...not sure if this is related to Carroll. Maybe someone else in the summer?

Cheers. I wonder if we are only moving for him now because of Liverpool's interest. I also wonder if it means someone in the attacking midfield area is off soon as well...not sure if this is related to Carroll. Maybe someone else in the summer?

If we are interested then if Liverpool have been watching him ( and my son in law) has said they have then i guess we would have to move fast, i'm not sure he would be a replacement for Carroll as from what he says they are totally different players.

As for others whose place he may take i guess only Poch would know that.

I wonder will there be a move for his twin also.

I wonder will there be a move for his twin also.

Maybe, from what Matt ( son in law) has told me they both played a full season on loan in the championship last year and Josh seems to be ahead of Jacob in the time they have spent in the first team at Norwich.

Maybe, from what Matt ( son in law) has told me they both played a full season on loan in the championship last year and Josh seems to be ahead of Jacob in the time they have spent in the first team at Norwich.

Are they better than Prichard?

This is the sort of signing which I think is a realistic expectation for Jan; first team signings are unlikely and therefore I'd be happy to see us bring in 1 or 2 young english players, even if they're loaned back to their clubs for the rest of the season

This is the sort of signing which I think is a realistic expectation for Jan; first team signings are unlikely and therefore I'd be happy to see us bring in 1 or 2 young english players, even if they're loaned back to their clubs for the rest of the season
Agreed. Would be my preference too.

Young lad at Forest is starting to get some recognition http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/spurs-scouting-striker.html

I would really love Sessegnon at Fulham, the little bits I have seen of him have left me very excited, looks a super prospect in the Bale vein and I really hope we get him because he could just could do a Bale.

Lovely to see a trend towards English players, with the improvement in youth coaching and emphasis on skills it might be that we will get a glut of talented English players in the game, like how the Belgium's started to do a few years ago.

Young lad at Forest is starting to get some recognition http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/spurs-scouting-striker.html

I would really love Sessegnon at Fulham, the little bits I have seen of him have left me very excited, looks a super prospect in the Bale vein and I really hope we get him because he could just could do a Bale.

Lovely to see a trend towards English players, with the improvement in youth coaching and emphasis on skills it might be that we will get a glut of talented English players in the game, like how the Belgium's started to do a few years ago.

Is he going to look at Spurs and think he could displace the guy in front of him in the starting XI right now. Compared to Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea, I think he'd have a tougher job here.

Is he going to look at Spurs and think he could displace the guy in front of him in the starting XI right now. Compared to Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea, I think he'd have a tougher job here.

Alternatively he could look at City and Chelsea and think they Webber give young players a chance but Spurs do

Well there are more players in front of him at those clubs, plus we do give youth a chance, plus with the amount of games we play a season even a squad player should play 20 games a season.

Back