1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Toxicity

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by nayenezgani, 8 Oct 2019.

1. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Vedran Corluka

I mean it's been four losses, but the toxicity has totally reared it's head around here. I just don't want to contribute any more to be honest.

I know many of you won't like the sentiment, but it's how I feel. It's alarming to me how quickly pockets of our fan base dominate the discourse once we hit a rocky patch.

How quickly things are forgotten. Modern society eh, very short memories.

Even more telling is that it's been years since GG was sick like this, we've been spoilt for success and strong results for a long time under Pochettino.

I hope he gets a chance to restore that feeling and rid us of most of the unrealistic toxic entitlement that's crept out of the shadows once more.

Mods feel free to delete, just needed to vent.

2. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Dean Richards

Totally agree, we're all disappointed with the way things have gone but lets show a bit of self control and dignity and not behave like the Woolwich mob.

Daisuk, Yermiyahu and nayenezgani like this.
  3. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Edgar Davids

I'm firmly on the "Poch has earned the right to try to sort this" side of things - but in general most of the debate on here is reasoned rather than toxic.
    Wanting Poch out is premature, imo, but if you think GG is toxic, try twitter and some other boards.

4. Raziel

Raziel Nick Barmby

I think you are being a little sensitive mate.

- The club is struggling right now (and not for 4 games, for 9+ months)
    - A lot of the tone for negativity has come directly from the manager with his tough season, rebuild, unsettled squad, honestly all unwanted commentary.
    - The fans and the media have so far been very kind to Poch with the players/transfers taking most of the heat for now

On GG itself? I don't think anyone has been particularly OTT, it seems a fair split between some who want to back Poch at whatever cost, and others who think this is just part of the cycle of modern football and we just need to be brave and pull the bandaid off earlier vs. later.

The old days of Harry toxic on the other hand ..

Bullet, superfaisty, Mikey10 and 7 others like this.
  5. Gazza

Gazza Dean Austin

Someone change the Eric lamela thread and it will all be ok ... fudging taco

Daisuk, papaspur and nayenezgani like this.
  6. galeforce

galeforce Ralph Coates

The more you have, the more you have to lose. The stakes have never been higher and we’ve never had a stronger hand.

I think the debate on here is reasoned and the discourse is civil.

Mikey10, Robbo, Yermiyahu and 6 others like this.
  7. fernadez

fernadez Gheorge Popescu

Think the debate has been fine. Different opinions but generally respectful of each others views.

Concerns that people have had for the last year haven't just raised there heads, it's just been easier to ignore them. Seems to me the biggest split it whether people view our run of form as from the start of this season or from 18 months ago.

Mikey10, Robbo, DeanoAustin and 2 others like this.
  8. nayenezgani

I think it's a combination of reading lots of these platforms to be honest... GG certainly isn't totally reasoned.

9. nayenezgani

Love you too friend.

Gazza likes this.
  10. Mulletperm

Mulletperm Teemu Tainio

I wouldn't say it's toxic. I see a bunch of people concerned about the current situation with the club.

11. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Paul Stewart

Worryingly you have two types of spurs fans and there on extremes generally....

Hyper negative
    Hyper positive

With very few in between

The problem is if you try to see the positives your seen as being a “happy clapper” and again if you see the negative side your accused of “dragging things down”. Neither element is actually positive for anything and causes friction within our own fan base...

It’s what I say regularly about the cult of Liverpool fans.... their are always 400% behind their team even when they do wrong (bite people, use racist names, fans kill people) and that rubs off on their belief as a club IMO

Spurs fans generally revel in thinking that it can only get worse.

It’s an odd view of life generally and the most positive I see spurs fans is in the pub before and after games as again they revel in drinking and drowning their sorrows

Daisuk and nayenezgani like this.
  12. nayenezgani

Threads about our next manager, disrespecting our current staff, ridiculing Poch's use of the English language, slamming the methods that have bought us so much progress?

I'm not talking tactics either, I'm talking Poch and his teams day-to-day methodology. Most people wouldn't have a damn clue what goes on.

It's a little bit toxic, like a sour lemon.

13. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Edgar Davids

Don't go bringing lemons into it!

14. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Steffen Iversen

Don't worry, it will all be sorted once we get the new manager in.

15. galeforce

galeforce Ralph Coates

[​IMG]

16. fernadez

fernadez Gheorge Popescu

Honestly I feel that in the threads I've engaged in most people have been the 'in betweens'.

17. nayenezgani

I should have said rancid, not sour.

18. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Christian Ziege

Shock horror, FORUM POLICE finds any debate about the good or (GHod forbid) bad of THFC toxic...

I wonder if he was here during the Harry days.

Grow. A. Pair.

19. nayenezgani

Case. In. Point.

20. nayenezgani

You start posting again fifty times a day just when we're battling a bit.. You call it debate in order to excuse you from doing what you do best, sewing seeds of angst, division and agitation.