• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v AFC Bournemouth *****

Bournemouth 1-3 Tottenham............Eriksen, Dier, Alderweireld

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Dier Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Njie
Kane​

Seminal moment here: Poch's comments in The Guardian suggests he gave them an earful after the last match and was prepared to tell the public that was the case....

So this is definitely a MUST-WIN now: we even lost with lloris in the last one...

I guess if a defeat in the EL sparks us to up our game in the league it'll (almost) be worth it!

My team:

Lloris

Walker, Toby, Wimmer, Rose

Dier, Alli

Lamela, Eriksen, N'Jie

Kane

1-2 to us: Eriksen with both

COYS

Seminal moment here: Poch's comments in The Guardian suggests he gave them an earful after the last match and was prepared to tell the public that was the case....

So this is definitely a MUST-WIN now: we even lost with lloris in the last one...

I guess if a defeat in the EL sparks us to up our game in the league it'll (almost) be worth it!

My team:

Lloris

Walker, Toby, Wimmer, Rose

Dier, Alli

Lamela, Eriksen, N'Jie

Kane

1-2 to us: Eriksen with both

COYS

Why no Alderweireld?

I would be tempted to bring Mason back for this.

Lloris

Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies

Dier, Mason

Lamela, Eriksen, N'Jie

Kane

I would be tempted to bring Mason back for this.

Lloris

Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies

Dier, Mason

Lamela, Eriksen, N'Jie

Kane

Lamela doesn't deserve a place anymore than Dembele or Townsend for that matter. Since his one off display against City he has been back to his usual guff

As you say there is not a lot to choose between them, I prefer Davies because we look stronger at the back with him there.

Might not be a bad idea if N'Jie starts on that side. The romantic in me likes the idea of starting Rose because of his attacking threat.

Might not be a bad idea if N'Jie starts on that side. The romantic in me likes the idea of starting Rose because of his attacking threat.

Would be happy with that, his pace and the ability to come in and shot with his right foot would be good. Rose is probably better going forward then Davies I agree but he gets caught out of position sometimes ( hence the last ditch tackles he makes).

Lamela doesn't deserve a place anymore than Dembele or Townsend for that matter. Since his one off display against City he has been back to his usual guff

His best games this season have been better than either of the two available alternatives for his position and he poses more of a goal threat than both of them combined. His form might have slumped a little but I cannot see a better option for Sunday.

City was the cherry on top of a consistent run of good performances, not a one off good performance - we need creativity and dangerous runs in behind the defence from our 3 behind Kane, especially with Son/Chadli injured and Kane out of goal scoring form - neither Townsend or Dembele provide this.

Id play :

----------Kane
--N'Jie Eriksen Lamela
--------Dier Alli
Rose Verts Alder Walker
----------Lloris

Rose is used to protecting his wing with a lack of defensive contribution from the player in front so id have him in there so as to allow N'Jie to have less to worry about, defensively, and can focus on using his pace to torment their defence

Back